The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Rash

Participant
      Well, I have no real answer for my rash! Dr doesn’t think it’s from the IPI it’s been too long. But he doesn’t know what it is. I haven’t changed anything that I can think of and I have an allergies.

I had my PET Scan today and they couldn’t read it very well because of the rash. I have to call Wed. He didn’t see anything in my organs so that was good. The spot behind my knee looks like it shrank but he needs to talk to radiology about a term they used that he didn’t understand.

I go back in in two weeks to check on my rash. I’m on prednisone and tapering off by then.

I guess I wait one more day for the results of my scan!

Nancy

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        kylez
        Participant

Nancy, can you get a referral to or make an appointment with a dermatologist about the rash? If your onc thinks it has nothing to do with IPI,…maybe that's the next step?

I'm lucky that the melanoma clinic I go to has a dermatologist, and so is also very up on side effects patients being on melanoma treatments might experience — that would be the profile of a dermatologist to get an appointment with. But maybe any good dermatologist would be worth a shot.

Roxy1453
            Participant
              Thanks! I have a derm dr where I go and I have thought about seeing them. For now I think my Dr is handling it ok. I just not know how I got it.
              Sandy11
              Participant

Hi, 

I'll be interested in finding out about the rash.  My husband is covered in a rash.  He is stage IV and it began on his shins.  AFTER the rash began… he started IPI treatments.  This made the rash much worse, but it definitely started prior to treatment.  He's never had a rash before that I know of… both his dermatologist and oncologist shrugged it off prior to the treatments thinking it was not related to anything.  I've seen a couple of posts about later stage patients experiencing rash seemingly not related to treatments.  It seems co-incidental that it pops up in conversations in this website.  Wishing you only the best! 

Sandy11
                Participant

Hi, 

I'll be interested in finding out about the rash.  My husband is covered in a rash.  He is stage IV and it began on his shins.  AFTER the rash began… he started IPI treatments.  This made the rash much worse, but it definitely started prior to treatment.  He's never had a rash before that I know of… both his dermatologist and oncologist shrugged it off prior to the treatments thinking it was not related to anything.  I've seen a couple of posts about later stage patients experiencing rash seemingly not related to treatments.  It seems co-incidental that it pops up in conversations in this website.  Wishing you only the best! 

Sandy11
                  Participant

Hi, 

Roxy1453
                    Participant
                      Thanks! I have a derm dr where I go and I have thought about seeing them. For now I think my Dr is handling it ok. I just not know how I got it.
                      Roxy1453
                      Participant
                      kylez
                      Participant

Nancy, can you get a referral to or make an appointment with a dermatologist about the rash? If your onc thinks it has nothing to do with IPI,…maybe that's the next step?

I'm lucky that the melanoma clinic I go to has a dermatologist, and so is also very up on side effects patients being on melanoma treatments might experience — that would be the profile of a dermatologist to get an appointment with. But maybe any good dermatologist would be worth a shot.

kylez
                        Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics