The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Question to MEK responders

Forums General Melanoma Community Question to MEK responders

Participant

Hi All,

I'm just wondering if anyone on a MEK inhibitor (spefically the GSK MEK if possible) has/had bone mets? and if so did the bone mets respond to the MEK inhibitor any differently than soft tissue tumours?

My husband has only been on the trial for 7 weeks and the soft tissue tumours are causing no pain whatsever ( and they were pressing on nerves before) but the a few of the areas where we know there are bone mets are causing some pain… so we were thinking maybe they take longer to respond?

Just interested in anyone else's experiences.

Hi All,

I'm just wondering if anyone on a MEK inhibitor (spefically the GSK MEK if possible) has/had bone mets? and if so did the bone mets respond to the MEK inhibitor any differently than soft tissue tumours?

My husband has only been on the trial for 7 weeks and the soft tissue tumours are causing no pain whatsever ( and they were pressing on nerves before) but the a few of the areas where we know there are bone mets are causing some pain… so we were thinking maybe they take longer to respond?

Just interested in anyone else's experiences.

thanks,

Em

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        killmel
        Participant

Hi Em,

I cannot answer your question but I would be interested in knowing if he has any side effects taking the MEK drug. I am thinking about going on this trial. Thanks for your reply

killmel
          Participant

Hi Em,

I cannot answer your question but I would be interested in knowing if he has any side effects taking the MEK drug. I am thinking about going on this trial. Thanks for your reply

mrsmarilyn
            Participant

Hi Em-Even though my brother is on the GSK Braf inhibitor – he always hears how great the GSK MEK is working -to the point his Dr's have even asked him if he wanted to switch to MEK?!  Since he is having great success with the GSK Braf- he, of course, does not want to.  But at Sara Cannon– MEK is extremely effective with the group currently enrolled there.

Hope that helps – keep us posted! Best of luck!

MrsMarilyn

sister of Gary (stage IV)

mrsmarilyn
              Participant

Hi Em-Even though my brother is on the GSK Braf inhibitor – he always hears how great the GSK MEK is working -to the point his Dr's have even asked him if he wanted to switch to MEK?!  Since he is having great success with the GSK Braf- he, of course, does not want to.  But at Sara Cannon– MEK is extremely effective with the group currently enrolled there.

Hope that helps – keep us posted! Best of luck!

MrsMarilyn

sister of Gary (stage IV)

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics