The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Question for Yervoy Responders

Forums General Melanoma Community Question for Yervoy Responders

Participant

Hi all,

My wife had her first dose of Yervoy last week. She currently has multple subcentimeter mets on her lungs…so her tumor load is currently low….she is BRAF negative…my question is for the people who have responded well to Yervoy are you BRAF negative or postive…just curious if there is any type of relationship there..thanks and Happy Easter everyone….

Hi all,

My wife had her first dose of Yervoy last week. She currently has multple subcentimeter mets on her lungs…so her tumor load is currently low….she is BRAF negative…my question is for the people who have responded well to Yervoy are you BRAF negative or postive…just curious if there is any type of relationship there..thanks and Happy Easter everyone….

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        Janner
        Participant

Haven't done Yervoy, but the BRAF mechanism has absolutely nothing to do with Yervoy.  Yervoy is an immunotherapy drug – an immune system booster that tries to get your own immune system to recognize and attack the cancer.  BRAF related drugs block the BRAF+ mutation on the cancer cells that cause them to grow out of control.  The drugs work in entirely different ways and the BRAF status is no indication on how Yervoy will work.

eric w
            Participant

Thanks Janner….I was just currious if there was any relationship between the two. 

eric w
              Participant

Thanks Janner….I was just currious if there was any relationship between the two. 

eric w
                Participant

Janner
                Participant

Haven't done Yervoy, but the BRAF mechanism has absolutely nothing to do with Yervoy.  Yervoy is an immunotherapy drug – an immune system booster that tries to get your own immune system to recognize and attack the cancer.  BRAF related drugs block the BRAF+ mutation on the cancer cells that cause them to grow out of control.  The drugs work in entirely different ways and the BRAF status is no indication on how Yervoy will work.

Janner
                  Participant

rjack
                    Participant
                      I did pretty well on yervoy and I am BRAF negative.
                      rjack
                      Participant
                        rjack
                        Participant
                          rjack
                          Participant
                            rjack
                            Participant
                              rjack
                              Participant
                                Gene_S
                                Participant

My husband did well on Yervoy and he is BRAF positive.

Gene_S
                                  Participant

Gene_S
                                    Participant

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics