The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Question for Donna VT

Forums General Melanoma Community Question for Donna VT

Participant

Hi Donna, I read your reply below and was wondering about the"solaris garment".."its thick and padded kind of like an oven mitt, that you slip your foot and leg into..it goes toes to groin".  Could you tell me where you were able to purchase it? 

I fly up from Florida for CT scan on Tuesday…stressful time.  Left groin is still swollen and the new sub-qs are still there although many of my other lesions have diminished….I'm praying hard.

Val

Hi Donna, I read your reply below and was wondering about the"solaris garment".."its thick and padded kind of like an oven mitt, that you slip your foot and leg into..it goes toes to groin".  Could you tell me where you were able to purchase it? 

I fly up from Florida for CT scan on Tuesday…stressful time.  Left groin is still swollen and the new sub-qs are still there although many of my other lesions have diminished….I'm praying hard.

Val

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Vermont_Donna
        Participant

Hi Val,

I will research wheer I got mine (I have gotton two over the last almost 5 years) and I know I was measured for it at a medical supply store by a certified fitter…but I will get more info for you. 

My surface tumors are gone and I stil have some sub q's but they are smaller after 4 rounds of Ipi. I am praying hard that you are responding….Val it takes TIME with Ipi!!!!

Hugs,

Vermont_Donna

ps I know I got the garments in Burlington by the way

Vermont_Donna
            Participant

Hi Val,

I googled "Solaris" products and found their website and information. Here's how to contact them or check out their site. They carry lymphadema supplies/stockings/wraps, etc. Solaris, Inc.

6737 West Washington St.
              West Allis, Wisconsin 53214
              Telephone: 414-918-9180

Hope this helps. I was measured by a custom fitter (a wonderful lady) for both my solaris garments and the compression stockings, and they ordered them, had me go in for a fitting when they arrived (VERY IMPORTANT) and basically teaches you about how to use them ,care for them etc. I have had to go in periodically for new garments * at least yearly of if you gain/lose at lot of weight) and get re-measured. I got my products through "The Medical Store" in Burlington. I can get their number for you if you want.

Hugs, Vermont_Donna
              ps how are you doing??
              ValinMtl
              Participant

Thank you so much Donna!!  I don't have much access to internet since I am down in Florida right now.  I plan to show this to my physio and then purchase.  My leg is bad right now due to new growths plus left groin lump is growing larger than golf ball,  Just had CT scan on Tuesday then came back down here.  Should hear within 2 weeks what they will do with me…continue ipi (I hope)..be bumped and have to look for another trial…etc.  I am really in limbo right now.  So happy that you seem to have responded well to ipi.  I did at first so I'm hoping this is just a hiccup.  The cutaneous growths really disappeared (largely) but the new sub-qs are something else.  I'll keep you posted.  Val

ValinMtl
                Participant

Thank you so much Donna!!  I don't have much access to internet since I am down in Florida right now.  I plan to show this to my physio and then purchase.  My leg is bad right now due to new growths plus left groin lump is growing larger than golf ball,  Just had CT scan on Tuesday then came back down here.  Should hear within 2 weeks what they will do with me…continue ipi (I hope)..be bumped and have to look for another trial…etc.  I am really in limbo right now.  So happy that you seem to have responded well to ipi.  I did at first so I'm hoping this is just a hiccup.  The cutaneous growths really disappeared (largely) but the new sub-qs are something else.  I'll keep you posted.  Val

Vermont_Donna
                  Participant

Hi Val,

I googled "Solaris" products and found their website and information. Here's how to contact them or check out their site. They carry lymphadema supplies/stockings/wraps, etc. Solaris, Inc.

6737 West Washington St.
                    West Allis, Wisconsin 53214
                    Telephone: 414-918-9180

Hope this helps. I was measured by a custom fitter (a wonderful lady) for both my solaris garments and the compression stockings, and they ordered them, had me go in for a fitting when they arrived (VERY IMPORTANT) and basically teaches you about how to use them ,care for them etc. I have had to go in periodically for new garments * at least yearly of if you gain/lose at lot of weight) and get re-measured. I got my products through "The Medical Store" in Burlington. I can get their number for you if you want.

Hugs, Vermont_Donna
                    ps how are you doing??
                  Vermont_Donna
                  Participant

Hi Val,

I will research wheer I got mine (I have gotton two over the last almost 5 years) and I know I was measured for it at a medical supply store by a certified fitter…but I will get more info for you. 

My surface tumors are gone and I stil have some sub q's but they are smaller after 4 rounds of Ipi. I am praying hard that you are responding….Val it takes TIME with Ipi!!!!

Hugs,

Vermont_Donna

ps I know I got the garments in Burlington by the way

Viewing 1 reply thread
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics