The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Question for Bubbles and other long-term members

Forums General Melanoma Community Question for Bubbles and other long-term members

Participant
      In my quest to find some update on Julie, and to figure out how to find any information, I was able to see some pages from the old forum on waybackmachine.com (no profiles, sadly).  While going through a bunch of old posts, I saw many names of people that were dear to me here and are no longer with us … HappyGal, Arthur, Josh, Mike, Jake and so many others.  I also saw names of people that were around a lot, but just seemed to disappear.  Does anyone know anything about Scooby, Momof4boys, Charlie, Bobman?

If you were an active member on the old boards, would you check in here?

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant
          No, Susan.  Unfortunately, I do not have any updates on the dear ones you mentioned.  Hopefully, they (or those with intel) will reply.  As you already noted, the search mechanism is dismal on the “new and improved” MPIP – making finding info about anybody or anything difficult indeed.

Hope hope you and yours are doing well and enjoying your summer.  Ever yours, les

Becky
          Participant
            I do remember Charlie ( if its the same one you are thinking about) He did pass away a few years ago. When my son was first dx in 2009 this board was so helpful to me! There used to be a live chat option. Anyway, Charlie was one of those who was so helpful as he ( like my son) had mucosal melanoma. there are others throughout the years that we have lost that break my heart,,Kevin, Artie, Jake recently ..I think the young men are the hardest for me personally. PS my son is fine now, dx at 21 with stage 3 oral melanoma, now 32.
            casagrayson
            Participant
              Thanks for the reply, Becky.  Charlie S was who I was referring to, and I do believe he had mucosal melanoma.  Sad to hear that he is no longer with us.  I am so happy to hear that your son is doing so well — what a relief for you.

This was such a great forum; I’m so sad that MRF felt that they needed to “fix” something that wasn’t broken.  In the process, they have broken many things.  We can’t even go back and capture relatively recent posts.  The wealth of knowledge that was the board archives has been destroyed.

Les, we are all doing well here.  Husband has a couple more MOHs surgeries scheduled, but they aren’t melanomas so we are thankful.   Try to stay cool!

Becky
              Participant
                Now that I think about it, it was Jerry that had mucosal melanoma and passed away. Charlie was also around at the same time and I am not sure what happened to him. Yes..this used to be a great forum. I still check every once in a while out of habit. I hope it is still at least useful for those who need it.
                  ed williams
                  Participant
                    I am sure Charles S will be happy to hear the good news! If I remember Charles posts they were about IL-2 treatments and the posts were always very unique!!!
              Viewing 3 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics