The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Question about results lungs…

Forums General Melanoma Community Question about results lungs…

Participant

Hi

I went for scans yesterday and was told all was clear but now I am reading the results, which my husband accidentaly took to work with him today and

The report says:

Lungs: subcentimeter subpleural nodules (302/26,64) without FDG activity on the prior PET/CT not definitively seen on prior PET/CT. These are indeterminate, attention needed in the follow up.

Yikes now I am scared all over

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        jennunicorn
        Participant

Lungs are tricky organs, lung spots come up and can mean a whole number of things, most of the time they are not worrisome things. Just like how my recent PET/CT scan showed a 3mm spot on my lung that was not seen on any previous scans. My onc is not worried about it and the report says the same thing about paying attention in the next scan. They don't know what they are, they could be completely unrelated to melanoma. Don't worry about it too much, it will be something your onc will be aware of to look at on your next scan. Like my onc said to me, it's nothing to lose sleep over. Which is hard, I know, I have my own little worried voice in my head that wants to speak up, but there isn't anything that can be done at this moment to know if it melanoma related, so all we can do is stay positive and wait for the next scan results.

All the best,

vickiaa0529
            Participant

I remember you saying you had a spot on your lung too. I was worried about it then and I am worried about it now. I am sure it OK. Jenn you are an amazing woman. All of your posts are so positive and caring.

This is such an awful thing to go thru and you maintain a constant positive attitude. I struggle with it a lot.

I was just over the hurdle of my scans then I read this and yikes fear and panic set in.

Thanks for your reply

Toby0987
              Participant

My scan before last showed a spot and my onc said no big dea. Sure enough the next scan showed it was gone. It's good to have a melanoma onc that has been around. 

Toby0987
                Participant

My scan before last showed a spot and my onc said no big dea. Sure enough the next scan showed it was gone. It's good to have a melanoma onc that has been around. 

vickiaa0529
                  Participant

This is encouraging 

Im not sure why he missed it yesterday 

vickiaa0529
                    Participant

This is encouraging 

vickiaa0529
                      Participant

This is encouraging 

vickiaa0529
                        Participant

Was yours a nodule?

vickiaa0529
                          Participant

Was yours a nodule?

vickiaa0529
                            Participant

Was yours a nodule?

Toby0987
                              Participant

vickiaa0529
                                Participant

I remember you saying you had a spot on your lung too. I was worried about it then and I am worried about it now. I am sure it OK. Jenn you are an amazing woman. All of your posts are so positive and caring.

This is such an awful thing to go thru and you maintain a constant positive attitude. I struggle with it a lot.

I was just over the hurdle of my scans then I read this and yikes fear and panic set in.

Thanks for your reply

vickiaa0529
                                  Participant

Thanks for your reply

jennunicorn
                                  Participant

Lungs are tricky organs, lung spots come up and can mean a whole number of things, most of the time they are not worrisome things. Just like how my recent PET/CT scan showed a 3mm spot on my lung that was not seen on any previous scans. My onc is not worried about it and the report says the same thing about paying attention in the next scan. They don't know what they are, they could be completely unrelated to melanoma. Don't worry about it too much, it will be something your onc will be aware of to look at on your next scan. Like my onc said to me, it's nothing to lose sleep over. Which is hard, I know, I have my own little worried voice in my head that wants to speak up, but there isn't anything that can be done at this moment to know if it melanoma related, so all we can do is stay positive and wait for the next scan results.

All the best,

jennunicorn
                                    Participant

All the best,

Polymath
                                      Participant

Vicki,

Same here.  Had a spot light up on the PET (FDG uptake) and on the next CT absolutely nothing there.

Remember, PET measures metabolic activity, and there are many reasons things light up on a PET, and should not automatically be worrisome.  Exactly as noted in report.  Check the spot on the next CT.

Gary

Polymath
                                        Participant

Vicki,

Same here.  Had a spot light up on the PET (FDG uptake) and on the next CT absolutely nothing there.

Remember, PET measures metabolic activity, and there are many reasons things light up on a PET, and should not automatically be worrisome.  Exactly as noted in report.  Check the spot on the next CT.

Gary

Polymath
                                          Participant

Vicki,

Gary

vickiaa0529
                                              Participant

Thanks, mine was the opposite nothing on the Pet but showed up on the CT scan. Is that worse?

vickiaa0529
                                                Participant

Thanks, mine was the opposite nothing on the Pet but showed up on the CT scan. Is that worse?

jennunicorn
                                                  Participant

Not worse, that's the same for me, nothing on PET but showed on CT. Still not an indication of something bad. My enlarged lymph node that I had uptake on PET last time and had biopsied and it was negative for melanoma is still showing uptake on PET but the exact same amount, my onc says it is most likely working overtime for his lost friends around him. Enlargements and spots and uptakes don't always equal melanoma, just have to remember that (been reminding myself of that a lot lately).

Sending you some hugs, I know this is hard not to worry about. 

jennunicorn
                                                    Participant

Not worse, that's the same for me, nothing on PET but showed on CT. Still not an indication of something bad. My enlarged lymph node that I had uptake on PET last time and had biopsied and it was negative for melanoma is still showing uptake on PET but the exact same amount, my onc says it is most likely working overtime for his lost friends around him. Enlargements and spots and uptakes don't always equal melanoma, just have to remember that (been reminding myself of that a lot lately).

vickiaa0529
                                                      Participant

Thanks..

It sucks to have to wait until September for my next scan, but I guess there is nothing I can do about that.

Hugs back to you

vickiaa0529
                                                        Participant

Thanks..

It sucks to have to wait until September for my next scan, but I guess there is nothing I can do about that.

Hugs back to you

jennunicorn
                                                          Participant

I am right there with you Vicki! My next scan will be first or second week of September ๐Ÿ™‚

jennunicorn
                                                            Participant

I am right there with you Vicki! My next scan will be first or second week of September ๐Ÿ™‚

vickiaa0529
                                                              Participant

Yeah scan buddies. They want me to wait until October but I just pushed for the end of Septmenber

vickiaa0529
                                                                Participant

Yeah scan buddies. They want me to wait until October but I just pushed for the end of Septmenber

vickiaa0529
                                                                  Participant

jennunicorn
                                                                    Participant

vickiaa0529
                                                                      Participant

Thanks..

Hugs back to you

jennunicorn
                                                                        Participant

vickiaa0529
                                                                          Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics