The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Question about mark on husbands face

Forums General Melanoma Community Question about mark on husbands face

Participant

I had a quick question about melanoma.  My husband developed a tiny mark maybe 2-3mm on the bridge of his nose around 2010. It came after a trip to the beach. It is dark brown and looks like a zigzag if that makes sense.  He has been to the dermatologist and they never mentioned it.  I asked him to get the spot removed and he won't.  The spot has not changed or grown since 2010 but just looks weird to me because of the zigzag shape.   If this was something sinister would it have grown or changed  over the last 6 years? Thank you 

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Cathy M
        Participant
          Best bet? If there is a spot that makes you wonder then get it specifically looked at. Be proactive…back to the dermatologist and point it out. Tell them your concern and let the dermatologist evaluate. Maybe it’s nothing…maybe it’s not. Let the professional check it out and ease your mind.
          Cathy M
          Participant
            Best bet? If there is a spot that makes you wonder then get it specifically looked at. Be proactive…back to the dermatologist and point it out. Tell them your concern and let the dermatologist evaluate. Maybe it’s nothing…maybe it’s not. Let the professional check it out and ease your mind.
            Cathy M
            Participant
              Janner
              Participant

Any skin cancer will change over time.  That is the #1 factor!  The only way anyone can know for certain what something is is with a biopsy.  I've had three melanomas and all of mine changed.  If something wasn't changing, it wouldn't be on MY worry or biopsy list.  You have to do what makes you and your husband comfortable.

Scared99
                  Participant

Thank you for the reply.  I did not know if melanoma could show up on the skin and then not change on the skin while spreading inside.  The spot has not changed on him I was just worried because it showed up after we were in the sun and sort of sticks out.  Maybe it just bothers me bcause it's on his nose. 

Scared99
                    Participant

Thank you for the reply.  I did not know if melanoma could show up on the skin and then not change on the skin while spreading inside.  The spot has not changed on him I was just worried because it showed up after we were in the sun and sort of sticks out.  Maybe it just bothers me bcause it's on his nose. 

Scared99
                      Participant

Janner
                      Participant

Any skin cancer will change over time.  That is the #1 factor!  The only way anyone can know for certain what something is is with a biopsy.  I've had three melanomas and all of mine changed.  If something wasn't changing, it wouldn't be on MY worry or biopsy list.  You have to do what makes you and your husband comfortable.

Janner
                        Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics