The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Prominent inguinal lymph node borderline in size

Forums General Melanoma Community Prominent inguinal lymph node borderline in size

Participant

Hi everyone.  I haven't been on here for quite some time.  Hope all of you are doing alright and beating the beast.  I've been having some back pain radiating into hip and down my leg.  I have spinal stenosis so that is probably the culprit.  Had an MRI of my hip and all looked fine.  It did show a prominent inguinal lymph node that was borderline in size.  I wouldn't normally think too much about it but this is the hip where I had my WLE and the node basin where I had my Sentinel lymph node dissection and biopsies.  All were clear at that time.  Anyone have a prominent borderline lymph node?  Could use some adviice as to where to go from here.  I don't see my oncologist anymore.  They released me saying it wouldn't come back. We all know they can't determine that.  I was stage IIA with a high mitotic rate 13 years ago.  Thank you so much for any input!

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Never Gonna Stop
        Participant

I think you hit the nail on the head when you pointed out there's no way they could know your melanoma wouldn't come back.

Given your history, I personally would want to go see an oncologist asap (but perhaps a new one!). I think a prominent node should always be looked at suspciously in a cancer patient, especially when it involves the basin that drained your primary tumor.

Just my two cents. Hope all is clear!

Never Gonna Stop
          Participant

I think you hit the nail on the head when you pointed out there's no way they could know your melanoma wouldn't come back.

Given your history, I personally would want to go see an oncologist asap (but perhaps a new one!). I think a prominent node should always be looked at suspciously in a cancer patient, especially when it involves the basin that drained your primary tumor.

JennerFromIowa
              Participant

Thanks for your two cents!  I appreciate it!  Waiting for a call back from onc, not the one that told me it wouldn't return.  He isn't there anymore…..hmmm…wonder what happened there.

JennerFromIowa
                Participant

Thanks for your two cents!  I appreciate it!  Waiting for a call back from onc, not the one that told me it wouldn't return.  He isn't there anymore…..hmmm…wonder what happened there.

JennerFromIowa
                  Participant

Never Gonna Stop
                  Participant

momof4boys
                    Participant

Hi, Jennerfromiowa, where are you from in Iowa if I may ask? I too am from Iowa, southwest Iowa to be exact.

JennerFromIowa
                        Participant

Hi Mom of 4 boys!  NE Iowa, far corner.

momof4boys
                          Participant

I already had my Inguinal nodes removed but I have had some nodes be enlarged in scans, never borderline though. So far all of mine have been fine, enlarged for some reason other than cancer. Can you feel this node at all? I think you are the first person I've seen on here from Iowa.

JennerFromIowa
                            Participant

There used to be others from Iowa but it was long ago.  No, I can't feel it, which is good!  I am waiting for a call back from oncology.  Thanks!

JennerFromIowa
                              Participant

There used to be others from Iowa but it was long ago.  No, I can't feel it, which is good!  I am waiting for a call back from oncology.  Thanks!

JennerFromIowa
                                Participant

momof4boys
                                  Participant

I already had my Inguinal nodes removed but I have had some nodes be enlarged in scans, never borderline though. So far all of mine have been fine, enlarged for some reason other than cancer. Can you feel this node at all? I think you are the first person I've seen on here from Iowa.

momof4boys
                                    Participant

JennerFromIowa
                                      Participant

JennerFromIowa
                                        Participant

momof4boys
                                        Participant

Hi, Jennerfromiowa, where are you from in Iowa if I may ask? I too am from Iowa, southwest Iowa to be exact.

momof4boys
                                          Participant

Kim K
                                            Participant

Hi Jenner!

Yes I remember you well.  I had a hard time keeping track of Janner & Jenner.  Welcome back, but not for the reason you are here.

Can they do an ultrasound guided biopsy of the node?  The apperance on ultrasound and biopsy should give you piece of mind, at worse doing a PET/CT.

I don't know how current you have been with mel, but we have many more promising treatments since just 2 years ago!  I hope your visit goes well, but some sort of scan / biopsy would be preffered to doing nothing.

BTW – just over 5 years ago I progressed from IIA to IV with a lung and muscle met.  Had lung surgery followed with IL-2 and have been NED for 5+ years.  I also moved home to Hawaii with my 2 daughters who are now 7 & 10.

Proud to be an "old timer" now.  Carole K, Don W, Janner and others are still around.  Some have passed, and others have moved on after the dramatic changes to the site.

Take care!

KK

Kim K
                                              Participant

Hi Jenner!

Yes I remember you well.  I had a hard time keeping track of Janner & Jenner.  Welcome back, but not for the reason you are here.

Can they do an ultrasound guided biopsy of the node?  The apperance on ultrasound and biopsy should give you piece of mind, at worse doing a PET/CT.

I don't know how current you have been with mel, but we have many more promising treatments since just 2 years ago!  I hope your visit goes well, but some sort of scan / biopsy would be preffered to doing nothing.

BTW – just over 5 years ago I progressed from IIA to IV with a lung and muscle met.  Had lung surgery followed with IL-2 and have been NED for 5+ years.  I also moved home to Hawaii with my 2 daughters who are now 7 & 10.

Proud to be an "old timer" now.  Carole K, Don W, Janner and others are still around.  Some have passed, and others have moved on after the dramatic changes to the site.

Take care!

KK

JennerFromIowa
                                                  Participant

Hi Kim!  Yes, I remember you.  Also Carole, Don and Janner.  Sorry you advanced to IV but glad that you are NED once again!  I know that there have been some improvements with some new drugs out there.  I'm waiting to hear back from onc.  Hoping to have some type of follow up on it so that I can get some peace of mind.  So good to hear from a fellow "old timer"!

JennerFromIowa
                                                    Participant

Hi Kim!  Yes, I remember you.  Also Carole, Don and Janner.  Sorry you advanced to IV but glad that you are NED once again!  I know that there have been some improvements with some new drugs out there.  I'm waiting to hear back from onc.  Hoping to have some type of follow up on it so that I can get some peace of mind.  So good to hear from a fellow "old timer"!

JennerFromIowa
                                                      Participant

Kim K
                                                      Participant

Hi Jenner!

Take care!

KK

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics