The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Primary intramedullary Spinal cord melanoma

Forums General Melanoma Community Primary intramedullary Spinal cord melanoma

Participant
      Does anyone out there have a primary melanoma tumor in their spinal cord?

Does anyone out there have a primary melanoma tumor in their spinal cord?

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Suzan AB
        Participant
          Hello tatterbug,
          Unfortunately, melanoma has made an apperance to my L1, L2, L3, and L4. I had break through into my spine and i am now on a bone density shot beside my trial.
          My best to you,
          Suzan AB
          Suzan AB
          Participant
            Hello tatterbug,
            Unfortunately, melanoma has made an apperance to my L1, L2, L3, and L4. I had break through into my spine and i am now on a bone density shot beside my trial.
            My best to you,
            Suzan AB
            Suzan AB
            Participant
              Hello tatterbug,
              My best to you,
              Suzan AB
              Suzan AB
              Participant
                Hello tatterbug,
                My best to you,
                Suzan AB
                  Taterbug
                  Participant
                    I am so sorry to hear that.   You sound like an extremely strong woman.  Everyone has always told me I was a strong person, but sometimes I don’t feel that way.  I went in for surgery for a supposedy benign spinal cord tumor in November 2010. When they went in to cut it out they found out it was melanoma and only did a biopsy and closed me back up. I woke up to that news and a numb right leg.  I then did 4 treatment of radiation and went on temodar for 10 months.  I am off th chemo now, but they really don’t know what to do now.  I am extremely lucky in the fact that so far it has not been found anywhere else.  So they have diagnosed the tumor in my spinal cord as the primary site. They said that it is extremely rare.  I was wondering if anyone else out there might be in the same situation.  I am so glad you replied to my message.  I would love to have someone to talk to.  
                    I wish you all the best!  
                    Tara
                    Taterbug
                    Participant
                      I am so sorry to hear that.   You sound like an extremely strong woman.  Everyone has always told me I was a strong person, but sometimes I don’t feel that way.  I went in for surgery for a supposedy benign spinal cord tumor in November 2010. When they went in to cut it out they found out it was melanoma and only did a biopsy and closed me back up. I woke up to that news and a numb right leg.  I then did 4 treatment of radiation and went on temodar for 10 months.  I am off th chemo now, but they really don’t know what to do now.  I am extremely lucky in the fact that so far it has not been found anywhere else.  So they have diagnosed the tumor in my spinal cord as the primary site. They said that it is extremely rare.  I was wondering if anyone else out there might be in the same situation.  I am so glad you replied to my message.  I would love to have someone to talk to.  
                      I wish you all the best!  
                      Tara
                      Taterbug
                      Participant
                        I wish you all the best!  
                        Tara
                      Suzan AB
                      Participant
                        Hello tatterbug,
                        My best to you,
                        Suzan AB
                        Suzan AB
                        Participant
                          Hello tatterbug,
                          My best to you,
                          Suzan AB
                      Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics