The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Post surgery Dr. appointment :-)

Forums General Melanoma Community Post surgery Dr. appointment :-)

Participant

A little more than a week ago I had a lump in my arm and a node in my chest wall (under the collar bone) removed.  Friday a new lump appeared – on my butt! My appointment was supposed to be this coming Thursday but they had me come in early.  I am very impressed with my Doctors at Charlotte's response time. Phone call to Dr. White's office at 11am on Friday, he was in surgery so they had me go to my local oncologist who fit me in right away. When they weren't sure what this was I was given an appointment Monday.

A little more than a week ago I had a lump in my arm and a node in my chest wall (under the collar bone) removed.  Friday a new lump appeared – on my butt! My appointment was supposed to be this coming Thursday but they had me come in early.  I am very impressed with my Doctors at Charlotte's response time. Phone call to Dr. White's office at 11am on Friday, he was in surgery so they had me go to my local oncologist who fit me in right away. When they weren't sure what this was I was given an appointment Monday. Could not have asked for a better response time!  Once there they pulled in Dr. Amin and the two spoke to me together. Now I don't have to take the drive on Thursday!! 

I've been put on an antibiotic and they believe that it's an infection. This has never happened before so we will see.  If it doesn't shrink in a week I'm to go back and they will do a fna, but they said it is not presenting like melanoma. None of my melanoma's have presented normally so I hope!!

Ends up that the lump on my arm was not a subq but a lymph node. By the time of surgery it was 2.9cm. He took extra nodes and all others were clear and clean margins were gotten!!!   The node under the collarbone was only 1 cm. Other nodes were clear and clean margins!!   Knowing that the 2 spots were indeed melanoma I had the best report I could have asked for.

Scans will Dec 2nd. If all is still clear then I'm back on watch and wait!  Meanwhile they are testing the tumors for b-raf. 

Stage IV for 4.5 years now and going for way more!!

Linda

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        jag
        Participant

That is good news!  glad to hear it.

Thanks 

John

Sharyn
            Participant

Whew!! You dodged another bullet! Great news. Let's hope this butt lump is an infection.

Hugs

Sharyn

Sharyn
              Participant

Whew!! You dodged another bullet! Great news. Let's hope this butt lump is an infection.

Hugs

Sharyn

jag
              Participant

That is good news!  glad to hear it.

Thanks 

John

Rebecca and Bob
                Participant

Linda,

That's great news. Hopefully mel will just leave you alone now and that it is just an infection.

Rebecca

Rebecca and Bob
                  Participant

Linda,

That's great news. Hopefully mel will just leave you alone now and that it is just an infection.

Rebecca

lovingwifedeb
                    Participant
                      Good news… Thanks for the update!
                      Deb
                      lovingwife to Bob, stage 3c
                      lovingwifedeb
                      Participant
                        Good news… Thanks for the update!
                        Deb
                        lovingwife to Bob, stage 3c
                    Viewing 5 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics