The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

possible <4 mm thick melanoma

Forums General Melanoma Community possible <4 mm thick melanoma

Participant
      Greetings friends ..

i 21 yr old and tomorrow i will be checked as i have about >4 mm big bulk on my knee and its reddish and just a small amountof skin aound it is reddish aswell.i remember seeing a bulk 4-5 weeks agoo but thought its nothing,after today as i have done alot research what it ould be i have now big reason to assume its melaNoma and when now its about 4-5 mm thick it’s not really the best sign for me whhat i will find out tomorrow. .. nice forum btw,found it while gatering all ino on how bad situation is for me :/ i dont care im ready to find out the worst and im just sorry for the people around me , must be devastating for them to see whats coming .. ah fck it af i guess 😀

wish everyone thhe best

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        kareylou
        Participant
          Until they biopsy your mole, you really won’t know how thick it is. My initial was about 1.5 cm in diameter but the thickness was 1.2mm. Another that I had was 5 cm long (just looked like a bunch of freckles) but only .3mm thick. Don’t get too far ahead of yourself. It will only make you crazy!

Best of luck tomorrow!

Viewing 0 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics