The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Possible Reocurrence,Stage 3- 4 Yr Survivor

Forums General Melanoma Community Possible Reocurrence,Stage 3- 4 Yr Survivor

Participant

Its been a while since I have had to ask questions on here as I hve been having good scans for the past 4 years. Have had several biopsies which have came back posative over last years but all have been negative.

My question to all is : Can you get a melanoma spot on the elbow as I have a rather unusual loooking spot that has popped out and looks kind of like the brown spots that I have had biopsied in the past only this new spot is puffed out a bit and looks a little jagged , but in the same token it does not look like my first melanoma which did in fact look like a large dark mole. So just wondering if a mel could pop out on an elbow like this.

Thanks Harold Grieshop  4 year styage 3 survivor

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        stars
        Participant

Hi Harold

If in doubt, chop it out! Sorry, that's a very bad rhyme, but I've had three melanomas and they all looked different from each other. In my view, once you've had melanoma, anything new or changing gets the chop. I'd rather a scar than a melanoma. One of my melanomas was on my outer elbow – not quite sure what you mean by could a mel pop out an elbow, it's actually a pretty common site for melanoma. Hope it's nothing and you can go on living the mel-free life, congrats on all the clear scans and I hope it stays that way!

Stars

stars
          Participant

Hi Harold

If in doubt, chop it out! Sorry, that's a very bad rhyme, but I've had three melanomas and they all looked different from each other. In my view, once you've had melanoma, anything new or changing gets the chop. I'd rather a scar than a melanoma. One of my melanomas was on my outer elbow – not quite sure what you mean by could a mel pop out an elbow, it's actually a pretty common site for melanoma. Hope it's nothing and you can go on living the mel-free life, congrats on all the clear scans and I hope it stays that way!

Stars

stars
            Participant

Hi Harold

Stars

Janner
              Participant

Nowhere is immune.  But it could also be something as simple as a SK (seborrheic keratosis).  They can look a lot like melanoma but typically have a distinctive top when viewed up close.  If you're concerned, talk to your doc!

Janner
                Participant

Nowhere is immune.  But it could also be something as simple as a SK (seborrheic keratosis).  They can look a lot like melanoma but typically have a distinctive top when viewed up close.  If you're concerned, talk to your doc!

Janner
                  Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics