The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Pembrolizumab + Lenvatinib

Forums General Melanoma Community Pembrolizumab + Lenvatinib

Participant
      Dear Fighters,

STAGE 4 from Dec-2019. After 10 months of TAF/MEK treatment (Targeted Therapy) with good results, due to some progression in brain, I must to change to Pembro (Immunotherapy). I have a chance to get in clinical trial with Pembio + Lenvatinib. In this trial I have 50% chance of take Lenvatinib drug.

Is there someone participating in this clinical trial? Can you share me your experience?
      I just see one post talking about Lenva, published last year.

Kind reagards,

JayA

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        Linda5
        Participant
          Hi Jay,
          I have been on the leap-004 trial of pembro and Lenvatinib for 15 months (definitely on the Lenvatinib). I’ve had some progression that we’ve managed with radiation but generally it has kept things under control. It’s a tough trial though, lots of blood pressure issues, they watch your cardiac status closely, have some neuropathy, currently having some liver enzyme issues. Tired most of the time, nausea for several months now. From what I hear, there are a few on the trial (I’m in Toronto) and sounds like the results are pretty reasonable across the board, but it’s been a tough slog.

Hope his helps!
          Linda

Mark_DC
            Participant
              Dear Jay and Linda, I just found this post tonight on twitter about this trial

It posts to a more detailed study with response rates
              It seems that they think it makes a difference for those who progressed on anti PD1, they are getting some responses
              Hope this helps
              Mark

Linda5
              Participant
                Thank you Mark!
                Juan Arias
                Participant
                  Thank you Linda and Mark.
                  Mark_DC
                  Participant

Jason Luke posted this link on twitter too on study results at ESMO
                    For me they are too hard to understand – my intuition is that they are seeing some benefits, and that this is a good result given earlier progression on PD1
                    Probably best to discuss with your oncologist, or for experts here to chip in. Or maybe they will summarize later in an onclive video

Mark_DC
                    Participant

Jason Luke posted this link on twitter too on study results at ESMO
                      For me they are too hard to understand – my intuition is that they are seeing some benefits, and that this is a good result given earlier progression on PD1
                      Probably best to discuss with your oncologist, or for experts here to chip in. Or maybe they will summarize later in an onclive video

Viewing 0 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics