The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

PD-1 trials

Forums General Melanoma Community PD-1 trials

Participant

After a second opinion and thinking about it for a week, my husband wants to try for a PD-1 trial.  I've spent hours doing research and trying to find a trial, but I'm so confused!   I realize there are different drug manufacturers and they use a different number/letter combination for their drug.  I'm trying to track down a trial that allows for patients who have had previous yervoy/ipi treatment to enroll.  Please help!  Does anyone know where there is a trial for a PD-1 drug for a patient with previous yervoy treatment?  It looks like S

After a second opinion and thinking about it for a week, my husband wants to try for a PD-1 trial.  I've spent hours doing research and trying to find a trial, but I'm so confused!   I realize there are different drug manufacturers and they use a different number/letter combination for their drug.  I'm trying to track down a trial that allows for patients who have had previous yervoy/ipi treatment to enroll.  Please help!  Does anyone know where there is a trial for a PD-1 drug for a patient with previous yervoy treatment?  It looks like Sloan Kettering and/or John Hopkins might have a trial, but I"ve called and they all tell me that we'll have to come to their clinic to talk to the doctor.  We live in St. Louis and it would cost $500+ to fly up there to talk to the doctor.  We'll figure out how to do it, but I don't want to go all the way up there and have them tell me that he won't qualify because of prior treatment–they should be able to do that over the phone, right?  Thanks for any help–we're totally overwhelmed and confused. 

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        ad2424
        Participant

This foundation has a great free service that tells you what trials are available to you.

Click on the tab on the home page that says something  "Are you getting all the facts"?

janet-varner
            Participant
              My husband was on ipilimumb with doctor weber Florida, and now we are going to Karmanos to hopefully start PD-1 trial on Monday. Let me know if I can answer anymore questions!
              jmmm
              Participant

I talked to a nurse in Nashville about this same study–it's for the amp-224.  I'm thrilled to hear that they will allow ipi patients.  What were some of the other disqualifiers–my husband is healthy (minus having stage 4 cancer!).  How often will you need to go to the hospital for treatments–the lady in Nashville mentioned he might need to come each week–tough to do with 3 young kids at home, but totally worth it, if it works.  I'd love to hear more about the trial.  Thank you so much!

jmmm
                Participant

I talked to a nurse in Nashville about this same study–it's for the amp-224.  I'm thrilled to hear that they will allow ipi patients.  What were some of the other disqualifiers–my husband is healthy (minus having stage 4 cancer!).  How often will you need to go to the hospital for treatments–the lady in Nashville mentioned he might need to come each week–tough to do with 3 young kids at home, but totally worth it, if it works.  I'd love to hear more about the trial.  Thank you so much!

janet-varner
                  Participant
                    My husband was on ipilimumb with doctor weber Florida, and now we are going to Karmanos to hopefully start PD-1 trial on Monday. Let me know if I can answer anymore questions!
                  ad2424
                  Participant

This foundation has a great free service that tells you what trials are available to you.

Click on the tab on the home page that says something  "Are you getting all the facts"?

Viewing 1 reply thread
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics