The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

PD-1 START DATE!!

Forums General Melanoma Community PD-1 START DATE!!

Participant

My husbands doctor just called and moved up his PD-1 start date from next Wednesday to tomorrow!! Adam was not a responder to IPI and Braf drug worked for about 3 months. He has mets to hips, spine, femur and ribs ( to numerous to count) since finishing the ipi it has grown in both lungs, all mets in lungs are 6-11mm with one "large tumor" in the right. 

I am aware PD1 works well in organs like the lungs but am nervous about bone mets responding! What can I expect as far as side effects? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Emily 

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant

Hi Emily,

I wish your husband every success with anti-PD1.  Here is a post I put together a bit ago regarding anti-PD1 side effects.  I started a 2 1/2 year Nivolumab (now Opdivo) trial 4 years ago December and was given my last dose 19 months ago.  I remain NED.  Side effects of Opdivo and Keytruda are basically the same.  I hope this helps.

Post on side effects:  http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2013/10/side-effects-of-nivolumab.html

Post on anti-PD1 generally:  http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2014/04/background-and-latest-info-on-anti-pd1.html

Yours, Celeste

Bubbles
          Participant

Hi Emily,

I wish your husband every success with anti-PD1.  Here is a post I put together a bit ago regarding anti-PD1 side effects.  I started a 2 1/2 year Nivolumab (now Opdivo) trial 4 years ago December and was given my last dose 19 months ago.  I remain NED.  Side effects of Opdivo and Keytruda are basically the same.  I hope this helps.

Post on side effects:  http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2013/10/side-effects-of-nivolumab.html

Post on anti-PD1 generally:  http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2014/04/background-and-latest-info-on-anti-pd1.html

Yours, Celeste

Bubbles
            Participant

Hi Emily,

Yours, Celeste

arthurjedi007
              Participant

For bone tumors yes pd1 can be great. If the tumor is all in the bone though they really have no way to measure so it is just the fdg number which other things can contribute to it rising and lowering. Many of mine though are way past that.

when I look at my April pet scan about 4 weeks before keytruda I can easily see 7 vertebrae with tumors that light up. Oh plus one tiny dot in my neck. The August scan i could see 3 plus the neck one and same with November scan. The rest I could not see anymore. I assume they are there cause the August scan listed them as shrinking just as a patient where you see your whole body with all the dots that's what I see.

so yeah it works in bone but is difficult for them to measure.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                Participant

For bone tumors yes pd1 can be great. If the tumor is all in the bone though they really have no way to measure so it is just the fdg number which other things can contribute to it rising and lowering. Many of mine though are way past that.

when I look at my April pet scan about 4 weeks before keytruda I can easily see 7 vertebrae with tumors that light up. Oh plus one tiny dot in my neck. The August scan i could see 3 plus the neck one and same with November scan. The rest I could not see anymore. I assume they are there cause the August scan listed them as shrinking just as a patient where you see your whole body with all the dots that's what I see.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                  Participant

Artie

JoshF
                    Participant

Wishing you all the best! Keep us posted on results.

JoshF
                      Participant

JoshF
                        Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics