The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

pd-1 drug given breakthrough drug status

Forums General Melanoma Community pd-1 drug given breakthrough drug status

• Replies
      G-Samsa
      Participant
        To me the most interestion statement indicates that the Merck product is effective in patients that have not had a beneficial response to Yervoy– unlike BMSs Nivolumab counterpart. It’s the only time I’ve seen a distinction between these anti-PD-1 products in print. I haven’t heard whether they have a comparable statistic effectiveness.
        G-Samsa
        Participant
          To me the most interestion statement indicates that the Merck product is effective in patients that have not had a beneficial response to Yervoy– unlike BMSs Nivolumab counterpart. It’s the only time I’ve seen a distinction between these anti-PD-1 products in print. I haven’t heard whether they have a comparable statistic effectiveness.
          G-Samsa
          Participant
              Tamils
              Participant

My doctor said that the Merck drug shows around 50% response, while BMS's shows 40% response, but these are very early reports in a small cohort.

Tamils
                Participant

My doctor said that the Merck drug shows around 50% response, while BMS's shows 40% response, but these are very early reports in a small cohort.

Tamils
                  Participant

LynnLuc
                    Participant

if you read it carefully he stated "publicly",,,I know for a fact that BMS excluded previous Yervoy use until the very end of the last trial and then added a single arm for Yervoy use previously…the article used old stats and only a small group of people..ASCO 2013 countdown …we will have so much more info in just a few weeks! I am a BMS baby and I have been Stage 4 NED for over 3 years now…they need to put that in their stats!

LynnLuc
                      Participant

if you read it carefully he stated "publicly",,,I know for a fact that BMS excluded previous Yervoy use until the very end of the last trial and then added a single arm for Yervoy use previously…the article used old stats and only a small group of people..ASCO 2013 countdown …we will have so much more info in just a few weeks! I am a BMS baby and I have been Stage 4 NED for over 3 years now…they need to put that in their stats!

LynnLuc
                        Participant

LynnLuc
                        Participant

I wrote my onc about this article regarding the "short duration" …I also sent him the link and quoted from the article. He is in Paris on vacation, but since I went a bit crazy I wrote him anyways! He writes….regarding the duration of anti pd-1 and the article in question…I have a reply….

Lynn:

Not sure of where the data come from, but that has not been my experience with the BMS drug, where the responses are of long duration.

Jeff W.

alankravitz
                            Participant
                              Like Lynn, I am NED after treatment in the phase 2 trial of what was known as MDX-1106. I had a high tumor burden and responded rather quickly. I do not believe that there is enough data available to make any valid comparisons of either the durability of response or response rate in patients with prior Yervoy treatment. They have been excluded from earlier BMY trials. Like Lynn, I can’t wait until tomorrow when the ASCO Abstracts start to be made available.
                              alankravitz
                              Participant
                                Like Lynn, I am NED after treatment in the phase 2 trial of what was known as MDX-1106. I had a high tumor burden and responded rather quickly. I do not believe that there is enough data available to make any valid comparisons of either the durability of response or response rate in patients with prior Yervoy treatment. They have been excluded from earlier BMY trials. Like Lynn, I can’t wait until tomorrow when the ASCO Abstracts start to be made available.
                                alankravitz
                                Participant
                                  alankravitz
                                  Participant
                                    alankravitz
                                    Participant
                                      alankravitz
                                      Participant
                                        alankravitz
                                        Participant
                                          alankravitz
                                          Participant
                                            alankravitz
                                            Participant
                                              alankravitz
                                              Participant
                                                alankravitz
                                                Participant
                                                  alankravitz
                                                  Participant
                                                    alankravitz
                                                    Participant
                                                      alankravitz
                                                      Participant
                                                        alankravitz
                                                        Participant
                                                        LynnLuc
                                                        Participant

I wrote my onc about this article regarding the "short duration" …I also sent him the link and quoted from the article. He is in Paris on vacation, but since I went a bit crazy I wrote him anyways! He writes….regarding the duration of anti pd-1 and the article in question…I have a reply….

Lynn:

Not sure of where the data come from, but that has not been my experience with the BMS drug, where the responses are of long duration.

Jeff W.

LynnLuc
                                                          Participant

Lynn:

Jeff W.

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics