The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

paleo

Participant

any recommendations for the paleo diet?

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Kimmer
        Participant

I've been strictly Paleo for 15 months now and I have never felt better.  I also stated working out at a CrossFit gym the same week and the combination has resulted in a 60 pound weight loss (from size 12-14 to 0-2, well sometimes a 4), 125# back squat, 215# deadlift and I am 54 years old.  Does do anything for melanoma? I have no idea, but I am over the chronic back pain I've had for 10 years from 3 herniated discs, arthritis, scoliosis and a sacral cyst.  Besides that, I figure it can never be wrong to be fit and healthy if melanoma decides to come back for me the third time.

I even started a blog and will be happy to point you in the direction of some good books if you are interested.

http://[email protected]

Take good care, k.

Stage 1b, August 2004  SNB (negative), WLE, skin graft

Stage 3b, April, 2006  Recurrent Metastatic Melanoma, WLE and scans negative

BCC, SCC, 4 atypical moles and doing just fine…

Kimmer
          Participant

I've been strictly Paleo for 15 months now and I have never felt better.  I also stated working out at a CrossFit gym the same week and the combination has resulted in a 60 pound weight loss (from size 12-14 to 0-2, well sometimes a 4), 125# back squat, 215# deadlift and I am 54 years old.  Does do anything for melanoma? I have no idea, but I am over the chronic back pain I've had for 10 years from 3 herniated discs, arthritis, scoliosis and a sacral cyst.  Besides that, I figure it can never be wrong to be fit and healthy if melanoma decides to come back for me the third time.

I even started a blog and will be happy to point you in the direction of some good books if you are interested.

Take good care, k.

Kimmer
            Participant

Take good care, k.

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics