The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Pain in the groin nodes after 1 year of diagnosis

Forums General Melanoma Community Pain in the groin nodes after 1 year of diagnosis

Participant

Hello everyone ,

I have been diagnosed last September with T1A melanoma on abdomen, breslow 0,37, Clark 3, no mitosis, no ulceration , no regression . After WLE only check-ups every 3 months including derm control, blood tests and ultrasounds. Everything ok but now I am feelin a pain in the groin next to the surgery. The ultrasound of the nods reveals no problems, but I am scared. I don't know how a malignant node feels like, is it painful?

thank you! 

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Nanners10
        Participant
          Hi there, I had melanoma appear in my groin lymph nodes twelve years after initial diagnosis. If I hadn’t felt the lump I would never have known because there wasn’t any pain at all.

Always something to discuss with your Dr. Though at your next follow up!

Nancy

Raluca
            Participant

Thanks for your response. I will definitely check it out ! 

UBContributor
            Participant

I do not recall reading here about groin pain being sign of MM. But pls keep eye  there and keep us posted. Good luck.  

LHiner50
                Participant

When I noticed enlarged lymph glands in the groin, I did not have any pain either.  Until it was confirmed I thought I had pulled something at the gym.  This occurred 10 years after my original diagnosis on the thigh.

Raluca
                  Participant

About two weeks ago I had a lymph nodes ultrasound armpit and groin and everything was ok . Now I m feeling exactly as you described it like a sore , I don' t feel any bump. 

Nemesis
                  Participant

Wow, I can't believe they performed so many tests on you after such a small depth. I am jealous. Where are you located, if I may ask?

Also, are you Romanian by any chance?

Raluca
                      Participant

In Romania – Bucharest and yes I am romanian. I was surprised when I read here how many problems you have with the insurance.  Here is not perfect but much better I think. We have acces to public healthcare and many tests are free if you are employed. I pay some of them , like nodes ultrasound (40 US dollars ) , S 100 (20 US dollars ) but they are not very expensive and we have many good doctors. 

Nemesis
                        Participant
                          Good to know. I’m Romanian as well, but living in the US at the moment. It is good news that should I decide to return, I’ll get proper care if need be.
                          Raluca
                          Participant

I don't know what treatments are paid for the advanced stages, I think in this spring they approved some treatments that were available only in trials

Raluca
                            Participant

It's hard here I think in advanced stages ,in any disease, because we don't have so many approved treatments and are very expensive 

Viewing 2 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics