The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Ouch

Participant

There was a day when I came here some years ago inviting all of you to share in a mutual joy and it ended with no joy.  This is a difficult time for me as I once again relive that joy that ended in no joy.

It was a time that I was happy to be a survivor but at the same time sad to be one because the one so close to me was not.

It bothers me deeply of why her and not me, just as it has before then of why them and not me.

There was a day when I came here some years ago inviting all of you to share in a mutual joy and it ended with no joy.  This is a difficult time for me as I once again relive that joy that ended in no joy.

It was a time that I was happy to be a survivor but at the same time sad to be one because the one so close to me was not.

It bothers me deeply of why her and not me, just as it has before then of why them and not me.

Grateful as I am for the life experience  melanoma has afforded me, I hate you for what you have stolen from my being.

One day melanoma, you and I will have a final reckoning.  It has been so long coming and you so have taunted me, but this day melanoma will indeed will come; and you just like me, you can not and will not avoid that day  when you and I meet once and for all.

Haughty as you may be as you rear back in your chair and laughingly accept my challenge ..just remember this–one of us will die, and it might not just be me, but it may be you, you  no good  son or daughter of a bitch.

The main reason is that just that once, you decided to show off and I saw you.  I know what you look like.

I will kill you

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        jag
        Participant

Charlie S?

JennerFromIowa
            Participant

Never give up!  Never give in!  Think I'll have me a rum & coke tonight.

JennerFromIowa
              Participant

Never give up!  Never give in!  Think I'll have me a rum & coke tonight.

jag
              Participant

Charlie S?

bcl
                Participant

I believe you will Charlie,  you have been destroying it for years. But the costs are relentless and unthinkably high.  I can't imagine how hard it must have been to watch your love die from this despicable disease. Yet still you help others with their pain,  I was speaking with Cass a short time ago and she recounted how it was you who generously helped her become so proficient with fentanyl patches. I can tell you she laughed out loud when I told her you were still alive and very much kicking.  Such concrete hope you bring Charlie S.

I'm glad you have put melanoma on notice –  your words make me even more determined to waste not one second of my own good fortune. And more importantly, to use this gift to fight the spread of mel in whatever way I can.  Take care Charlie, thinking of you linda

bcl
                  Participant

I believe you will Charlie,  you have been destroying it for years. But the costs are relentless and unthinkably high.  I can't imagine how hard it must have been to watch your love die from this despicable disease. Yet still you help others with their pain,  I was speaking with Cass a short time ago and she recounted how it was you who generously helped her become so proficient with fentanyl patches. I can tell you she laughed out loud when I told her you were still alive and very much kicking.  Such concrete hope you bring Charlie S.

I'm glad you have put melanoma on notice –  your words make me even more determined to waste not one second of my own good fortune. And more importantly, to use this gift to fight the spread of mel in whatever way I can.  Take care Charlie, thinking of you linda

Viewing 3 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics