The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Opdivo/severity of flu

Forums General Melanoma Community Opdivo/severity of flu

Participant
      With the flu considered an epidemic, I am concerned about how Opdivo might affect our response to flu should we catch it. I can’t find anything in literature. My local onc has no answer and I haven’t asked my MDA onc. Are we more likely to “over respond” and end up with more inflammation, pneumonia? More likely to fight it better than general population? I’m really careful but still wondering. Anybody know the answer?
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        sea8star
        Participant

It is good that you are careful!  The fact that there is nothing on your forms/instructions almost certainly means that this has not been a major reported issue with opdivo, so it is likely that it really depends on the person whether opdivo is "good' or "bad" in combination with the flu and that the effects are small, generally.  

MichelleRHG
            Participant
              Thank you for responding. There is very little information available!
            Hukill
            Participant

3 flu seasons on opdivo, wife caught flu all 3 times with flu vaccine. I had no flu vaccine and did not catch it. I have noticed other things I don't catch anymore also.

Viewing 1 reply thread
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics