The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Opdivo + mekinist + Tafinlar rash help

Forums General Melanoma Community Opdivo + mekinist + Tafinlar rash help

Participant

Hello all, I'm developing dry and flaky skin around the corners of my mouth and on my eyelids. I'm not having any luck keeping it at bay with neosporin or lotion. If you have any suggestions please help. 

Regards,

Tanny

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        geriakt
        Participant

try organic coconut oil. It has a natural antibiotic in it. 

Tom

geriakt
          Participant

Tom

geriakt
            Participant

Tom

Cathy M
              Participant

Maybe make a visit to a dermatologist for their input. They can prescribe ointments that you might try. My husband had a body rash from Mekinist…quite bad including on the face and at times we had what looked like a whole pharmacy of ointments that he would try…one for awhile and then go on to the next. He continues with an itchy rash just mostly on the legs but not as bad since he's been on Keytruda and gets relief mostly from one of the ointments prescribed by the derm. We do get the okay from the oncologist before using anything though…even if it's over the counter.

Cathy M
                Participant

Maybe make a visit to a dermatologist for their input. They can prescribe ointments that you might try. My husband had a body rash from Mekinist…quite bad including on the face and at times we had what looked like a whole pharmacy of ointments that he would try…one for awhile and then go on to the next. He continues with an itchy rash just mostly on the legs but not as bad since he's been on Keytruda and gets relief mostly from one of the ointments prescribed by the derm. We do get the okay from the oncologist before using anything though…even if it's over the counter.

Cathy M
                  Participant

Sflynn
                    Participant

My husband developed a grade 3 rash from the Opdivo. Ended up having to discontinue the treatment and have high doses of prednisone over a period of 12 weeks. Over the counters didn't work. He is now on a reduced dosage of the Tafinlar /Mekinist due to the reactions from that the 1st time he tried it. Good Luck To You!

Sflynn
                      Participant

My husband developed a grade 3 rash from the Opdivo. Ended up having to discontinue the treatment and have high doses of prednisone over a period of 12 weeks. Over the counters didn't work. He is now on a reduced dosage of the Tafinlar /Mekinist due to the reactions from that the 1st time he tried it. Good Luck To You!

Sflynn
                        Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics