The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Opdivo Maintanence

Forums Caregiver Community Opdivo Maintanence

Participant

I just started my Opdivo  1mg  maintanence yesterday. Dr said when i did my 3 treatments of combo it was also 1mg of Opdivo with the Yervoy. Had to skip 4th treatment. Just got off prednisone so i could start maintainence.  He said 1mg to start with.  Those of you were were on Opdivo monotherapy for several years, how strong was your dose?  I just read a lot of your blogs that you had dry mouth and looks like the rashes might come back. Yuk. At least i am equipped with the knowledge you all gave me when my journey first started last summer.  With the rashes and such in case they come back. i had two new 'nodes' glow on my 3rd petscan.  He said not 100% that is is the c word but with  my history he will treat me like it is.  I just 'googled' a post.

Praying that maybe my maintainence will be reduced  to 30min in the future every 4 weeks???  And 480mg. 

Supplemental Biologics License Applications to update nivolumab dosing
      Date: 10 Aug 2017
      Topic: Cancer Immunology and Immunotherapy
      On 24 July 2017, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company announced that the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) accepted its supplemental Biologics License Applications (sBLAs) to update nivolumab(Opdivo) dosing to include 480 mg infused over 30 minutes every four weeks (Q4w) for all currently approved monotherapy indications.
      Filing for four week dosing infused over 30 minutes across approved nivolumab monotherapy indications supports innovation and making cancer treatment more convenient for healthcare providers, caregivers and patients.
      The applications are under review with an action date of 5 March, 2018.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Hukill
        Participant

I have had 27 maintanance doses at 240 mg each. I still have many of the side effects I got from the combo doses. My combo doses were 3 weeks apart but all 27 maintanance doses have been 2 weeks apart, have not missed a dose yet with 9 more months to go.

Sharon93065
            Participant

Thank you for your reply. Wow 27 maintainence  does.  With 9 more months. 240mg ?? I wonder why  mine is 1mg? I'm missing something here.  i even had him write it down.   That's 36 maintainence does, about 18 months. Were you able to have all 4 combo doses?  

jennunicorn
            Participant

When in combination with Yervoy the dosing is 1mg/kg for Opdivo and 3mg/kg for Yervoy. Maintanence dosing, aka Opdivo alone dosing, is 240mg every 2 weeks regardless of kilogram weight (this is why you  get weighed before your infusion). I think you got confused on the 1mg/kg vs 240mg. Basically, the maintanence dosing is higher and more frequent. You should be getting the straight 240mg infusion of Opdivo every two weeks now.

obtu.bt
                Participant

I ve red a new trial with 3mg/kg opdivo + 1mg/yervoy that has better result than 3mg yervoy+1mg optivo.

But it was a trial for combo to show better outcomes of optivo compared to yervoy especially for AE.

Sharon93065
                  Participant

I reread what i had him write down.  He wrote 1mg/kg.  And he said the same that I was getting when i was getting the 3 combo treatments. I don't know why i am not getting the 240mg.  Maybe because of the two new nodes that glowed in my latest Petscan?  Very small tho. 

jennunicorn
                    Participant

That would be a good question for your onc. 240mg is a higher dose than 1mg/kg, so perhaps he is trying to avoid side effects this way, but majority of people that go on Opdivo maintenance don't deal with major side effects even with it being a high dose. 

Viewing 1 reply thread

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics