The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

On My Way To MD Anderson

Forums General Melanoma Community On My Way To MD Anderson

Participant

Hi All,

I posted earlier in March I failed IPI and Dr. Weber reccommened I start a round of carboplatinum/taxol and get to MD Anderson. I did the round of carboplatinum 3 weeks ago and have an appt with Dr. Falchook on Tues morning. I hope he has something for me that works.

If anyone is going to be at MD Anderson the next week or two it would be a pleasure to meet up with you. They gave me the blanket two weeks for testing etc. But everyone I have talked to said it does not take that long.

I'll try to keep you posted on what Dr. Falchook reccommends.

Hi All,

I posted earlier in March I failed IPI and Dr. Weber reccommened I start a round of carboplatinum/taxol and get to MD Anderson. I did the round of carboplatinum 3 weeks ago and have an appt with Dr. Falchook on Tues morning. I hope he has something for me that works.

If anyone is going to be at MD Anderson the next week or two it would be a pleasure to meet up with you. They gave me the blanket two weeks for testing etc. But everyone I have talked to said it does not take that long.

I'll try to keep you posted on what Dr. Falchook reccommends.

Thanks for all the prayers and positive thoughts.

Rocky (Stage IV Liver Mets)

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Replies
        Vermont_Donna
        Participant

Oh Rocky, I am prying hard for you and I am so glad that you are going to MD Anderson for a second opinion. You are being admitted for two weeks for testing?? I hope they will find exactly the right treatment for you, and I hope while you are there that you can rest and be really taken care of….please eat well and rest (I know that it is hard to do that in a hospital). One of the things I do now when I am being admitted is I bring my eye mask….I have a blank cushy one made by tempurpedic, a gift from a friend. That blocks out all the light (hospitals are always well lit, and even with your room light off, its still very light in the room). I find I sleep much better…its like I put on the eye mask and the rest of the world is blocked for me.

Please please have FAITH!! You are going to get better!

hugs from Vermont, where it is still 30 degrees and snowy!!!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

Vermont_Donna
          Participant

Oh Rocky, I am prying hard for you and I am so glad that you are going to MD Anderson for a second opinion. You are being admitted for two weeks for testing?? I hope they will find exactly the right treatment for you, and I hope while you are there that you can rest and be really taken care of….please eat well and rest (I know that it is hard to do that in a hospital). One of the things I do now when I am being admitted is I bring my eye mask….I have a blank cushy one made by tempurpedic, a gift from a friend. That blocks out all the light (hospitals are always well lit, and even with your room light off, its still very light in the room). I find I sleep much better…its like I put on the eye mask and the rest of the world is blocked for me.

Please please have FAITH!! You are going to get better!

hugs from Vermont, where it is still 30 degrees and snowy!!!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

King
            Participant

Rocky,

Positive thoughts and prayers are with you all the way!  And, yes, if anyone has the opportunity to meet up with Rocky while he is there, please do so.  He's a great guy.

Stay Strong

Kathie

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
              Participant

Rocky,

Positive thoughts and prayers are with you all the way!  And, yes, if anyone has the opportunity to meet up with Rocky while he is there, please do so.  He's a great guy.

Stay Strong

Kathie

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

Lori C
                Participant

Prayers for very good news & results for you.  The carbo/taxol combo did reduce Will's liver mets considerably.  Keep your nutrition up and stay as strong as possible! 

Lori C
                  Participant

Prayers for very good news & results for you.  The carbo/taxol combo did reduce Will's liver mets considerably.  Keep your nutrition up and stay as strong as possible! 

govols76
                    Participant

My wife and I will be at MD 4/3-4/9 while she undergoes some tests and SRS Radiation. Let me know if you would like to meet up and talk. [email protected] . She is stage IV and we received the news last week while we were at MD that she has a brain lesion. 34 yrs old.

govols76
                      Participant

My wife and I will be at MD 4/3-4/9 while she undergoes some tests and SRS Radiation. Let me know if you would like to meet up and talk. [email protected] . She is stage IV and we received the news last week while we were at MD that she has a brain lesion. 34 yrs old.

govols76
                        Participant

govols76
                          Participant

Viewing 9 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics