The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

OM Symposium in Philadelphia

Forums Ocular Melanoma Community OM Symposium in Philadelphia

Participant

Hi all,

I am attending the symposium and am wondering who else is attending. I am looking forward to meeting other Ocular Mel warriors! I am hoping to go to Friday's Meet and Greet, but my plane is arriving at 5. Hoping to go and maybe we can have some dinner together!

Fondly,

Suzanne

Hi all,

I am attending the symposium and am wondering who else is attending. I am looking forward to meeting other Ocular Mel warriors! I am hoping to go to Friday's Meet and Greet, but my plane is arriving at 5. Hoping to go and maybe we can have some dinner together!

Fondly,

Suzanne

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Sara – CURE OM
        Participant

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for posting– I, of course, will be there and very much look forward to finally getting to meet many people in person.  Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions…. we look forward to seeing you soon!

Best,

Sara – CURE OM

Sara – CURE OM
          Participant

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for posting– I, of course, will be there and very much look forward to finally getting to meet many people in person.  Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions…. we look forward to seeing you soon!

Best,

Sara – CURE OM

Sara – CURE OM
            Participant

Hi Suzanne,

Best,

Sara – CURE OM

RuthG
              Participant

Suzanne,

Your best bet for getting from the airport to the downtown area (we call it Center City) without worrying about traffic is the the Airport Line train. It stops at each of the airport terminals. You would get off at the station called Market East, which is 1-2 blocks away from the Marriott at 12th and Market St., depending on which exit you go out from the station.

It departs every 1/2 hour from the airport, and takes about 30 min. to get to Market East. Cost is $7.00. This page has scedules and maps:

Regional Rail Schedules

I look forward to meeting you.

Ruth

TheCancerFund
                  Participant

So does that mean we do NOT need to rent a car or something because we can get to everything we need to via rail?? I plan on attending but dont know anything about Philly.

RuthG
                    Participant

In my opinion, you'd be far better off not renting a car. Parking in is expensive, and driving in Center City is a pain in the butt. You can get from the airport or the train station to the Marriott by public transportation, or by taxi or van service. The info I've seen in this website indicates the symposium is being help at the Bluemle Life Sciences Building, which is only about 1/2 mile from the Marriott. If that's too far to walk, you could take a taxi.

I just checked the Marriot website, and their on-site parking is $45.60 per day. Yikes!

RuthG
                      Participant

In my opinion, you'd be far better off not renting a car. Parking in is expensive, and driving in Center City is a pain in the butt. You can get from the airport or the train station to the Marriott by public transportation, or by taxi or van service. The info I've seen in this website indicates the symposium is being help at the Bluemle Life Sciences Building, which is only about 1/2 mile from the Marriott. If that's too far to walk, you could take a taxi.

I just checked the Marriot website, and their on-site parking is $45.60 per day. Yikes!

RuthG
                        Participant

TheCancerFund
                          Participant

So does that mean we do NOT need to rent a car or something because we can get to everything we need to via rail?? I plan on attending but dont know anything about Philly.

TheCancerFund
                            Participant

RuthG
                            Participant

Suzanne,

Your best bet for getting from the airport to the downtown area (we call it Center City) without worrying about traffic is the the Airport Line train. It stops at each of the airport terminals. You would get off at the station called Market East, which is 1-2 blocks away from the Marriott at 12th and Market St., depending on which exit you go out from the station.

It departs every 1/2 hour from the airport, and takes about 30 min. to get to Market East. Cost is $7.00. This page has scedules and maps:

Regional Rail Schedules

Ruth

RuthG
                              Participant

Suzanne,

Regional Rail Schedules

Ruth

margaretrogers57
                                Participant

Hey Suzanne,

Margaret and Butch Rogers from Chattanooga, TN.  We'll be there..Plan to drive up and do some site seeing on the way back.  Look forward to meeting everyone..:)  Margaret

SuzannefromCA
                                    Participant

I look forward to meeting you both! Safe travels to you ๐Ÿ™‚

~Suzanne

SuzannefromCA
                                      Participant

~Suzanne

SuzannefromCA
                                        Participant

~Suzanne

margaretrogers57
                                        Participant

Hey Suzanne,

Margaret and Butch Rogers from Chattanooga, TN.  We'll be there..Plan to drive up and do some site seeing on the way back.  Look forward to meeting everyone..:)  Margaret

margaretrogers57
                                          Participant

Hey Suzanne,

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics