The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

offered anti pd-1 merck

Forums General Melanoma Community offered anti pd-1 merck

Participant

Hi, this is Brents wife Sharon, after 32 months on Gsk Mek and Alimta alone than in combo he has mets to his ribs and vertabra. (He is Braf negative). We thought it was a kidney stone at first.  Test showed different.  He is being treated at MD Anderson with Dr. Falchook but we live in Tampa.  To ease the pain I made an appointment for a consult with Dr. Weber to get a referral for a radiation therapist to ease the pain.  We don't go to MDA until late next week.  While in  Dr.

Hi, this is Brents wife Sharon, after 32 months on Gsk Mek and Alimta alone than in combo he has mets to his ribs and vertabra. (He is Braf negative). We thought it was a kidney stone at first.  Test showed different.  He is being treated at MD Anderson with Dr. Falchook but we live in Tampa.  To ease the pain I made an appointment for a consult with Dr. Weber to get a referral for a radiation therapist to ease the pain.  We don't go to MDA until late next week.  While in  Dr. Weber's  office he talked to us about the Merck Anti-pd 1 trial that he has and after some discussion about needing a brain MRI and tissue sample we were put on a waiting list that he says is about 3 weeks out.  We need to meet with Falchook next week to go over the chance of him being removed from the GSK trial because of progression on Thursday. 

2 months ago signed a consent for Foundation Medicine to evaluate his tumor tissue for a know mutation.  He has been negative for all that MDA had tests for.  It may uncover something that there is a targeted  therapy for, and maybe not.  The  Mek targeted theraphy has worked for him in the past as a single agent, maybe with it combined with something else he can get stable again.

I know we need to make this decision on medical information not emotion.  (Quote from Charlie). 

Any thoughts from any of the warriors or experience is needed.  I am not thinking straight at the moment and something someone might add would help me get a bit more centered.

Sincerely,

Sharmon

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant
          I have been on the BMS anti-PD1 product with the addition of 6 months of vaccines, via Weber and Moffitt for almost 2 years. The story of that experience as well as a lot of additional reports on melanoma and therapy options are posted on my blog. Keep in mind, of course, that your particular trial may involve a different schedule than mine. However, though the BMS product has been examined longer, the Merck product is showing very good results.

Check out: Chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com

If you’re intersted. Wish you both the best. Celeste

Bubbles
          Participant
            I have been on the BMS anti-PD1 product with the addition of 6 months of vaccines, via Weber and Moffitt for almost 2 years. The story of that experience as well as a lot of additional reports on melanoma and therapy options are posted on my blog. Keep in mind, of course, that your particular trial may involve a different schedule than mine. However, though the BMS product has been examined longer, the Merck product is showing very good results.

Bubbles
            Participant

killmel
              Participant

Hi Sharon,

I think that this trial is a good choice, others have posted with good results.

I have a friend who is on the MERCK pd1  trial's new RANDOMIZED arm…patient is randomized to either 2mg or10mg.

SEE Link:

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01295827

Is this the Merck pd1 arm that you are waiting to get into??/

Good Luck & keep us posted. We all care about you.

Mary Ellen

Amanda
                  Participant

Is this trial still recruiting?  My boyfriend did yervoy and it seemed to keep him stable for a couple months, but recently he was admitted to the E.R. for a partial bowel obstruction, and has to have surgery. (they say it's a metastasis)  He is Braf- and im trying to figure out what to do next.  I really would love if i coule get him into an Anti-pd1 trial, and we are really close to L.A.  But, i clicked the link you posted and i noticed that a prior incidence of G.I Obstruction was an excluding factor.  Is this something that can be negotiated, or is he basically screwed since he has this obstruction?  (but will have it unobstructed after surgery is finished).

Thank you so much for any helpful ideas and opinions. 

killmel
                    Participant

Hi Amanda,

UCLA Medical Center has a Merck PD1 trial . I think that Sharmon told us that  they will be recruiting in 3weeks

May I sugggest you email or call  Dr. Ribas to see if  your boyfriend would be eligible forthis trial with his GI obstruction. I understand that Dr.Ribas  does respond to his emails, and calls patients back.

[email protected]
                      310 206-3928

Good Luck, please let us know what you find out about the Merck trial at UCLA recruiting in 3weeks. I would ask Dr.Ribas if the new arm which is opening, will it be randomized dosage 2mg or 10 mg.

Danny

killmel
                      Participant

Hi Amanda,

UCLA Medical Center has a Merck PD1 trial . I think that Sharmon told us that  they will be recruiting in 3weeks

May I sugggest you email or call  Dr. Ribas to see if  your boyfriend would be eligible forthis trial with his GI obstruction. I understand that Dr.Ribas  does respond to his emails, and calls patients back.

[email protected]
                        310 206-3928

Good Luck, please let us know what you find out about the Merck trial at UCLA recruiting in 3weeks. I would ask Dr.Ribas if the new arm which is opening, will it be randomized dosage 2mg or 10 mg.

Danny

killmel
                        Participant

Hi Amanda,

[email protected]
                          310 206-3928

Danny

Amanda
                          Participant

Is this trial still recruiting?  My boyfriend did yervoy and it seemed to keep him stable for a couple months, but recently he was admitted to the E.R. for a partial bowel obstruction, and has to have surgery. (they say it's a metastasis)  He is Braf- and im trying to figure out what to do next.  I really would love if i coule get him into an Anti-pd1 trial, and we are really close to L.A.  But, i clicked the link you posted and i noticed that a prior incidence of G.I Obstruction was an excluding factor.  Is this something that can be negotiated, or is he basically screwed since he has this obstruction?  (but will have it unobstructed after surgery is finished).

Amanda
                            Participant

killmel
                            Participant

Hi Sharon,

I have a friend who is on the MERCK pd1  trial's new RANDOMIZED arm…patient is randomized to either 2mg or10mg.

SEE Link:

Mary Ellen

killmel
                              Participant

Hi Sharon,

SEE Link:

Mary Ellen

Viewing 5 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics