The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Obtaining “Yervoy”?

Forums General Melanoma Community Obtaining “Yervoy”?

Participant

Does anyone have any info on obtaining "Yervoy"?  We are in limbo and are unable to get answers on our end.  We're hear at NIH waiting to be tranferrred to Rush Chicago.  Thanks.

Does anyone have any info on obtaining "Yervoy"?  We are in limbo and are unable to get answers on our end.  We're hear at NIH waiting to be tranferrred to Rush Chicago.  Thanks.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Tim–MRF

Things are a bit in limbo, as you said.  I believe they have stopped accepting people into the Expanded Access Protocol (compassionate use) program, but the drug is not yet readily available.

My understanding is that it will become widely available rather soon–certainly by mid to late April.  You can sign up for updates through their product web site:  www. yervoy.com.  You might even try calling the toll-free number for the Patient Assistance Program:  1 800 861-0048.  I don't know that the people at this number will have more information, but they may be able to direct you to who will.

Tim–MRF

killmel
            Participant

Tim.

Thank for the info of the assistance program. Do you know the adjusted gross income that will qualify for the yervoy assistance progran?

Thanks,

Tina

killmel
              Participant

Tim.

Thank for the info of the assistance program. Do you know the adjusted gross income that will qualify for the yervoy assistance progran?

Thanks,

Tina

Tim–MRF

Things are a bit in limbo, as you said.  I believe they have stopped accepting people into the Expanded Access Protocol (compassionate use) program, but the drug is not yet readily available.

My understanding is that it will become widely available rather soon–certainly by mid to late April.  You can sign up for updates through their product web site:  www. yervoy.com.  You might even try calling the toll-free number for the Patient Assistance Program:  1 800 861-0048.  I don't know that the people at this number will have more information, but they may be able to direct you to who will.

Tim–MRF

Viewing 1 reply thread
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics