The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Novartis–LEE011

Forums General Melanoma Community Novartis–LEE011

Participant

Anyone have any experience with the Novartis drug –LEE011 for CDK4/6 and any severe side effects.I am possibly starting a clinical trial next week—-thanks in advance —-LindaG

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        POW
        Participant

The LEE011 Phase 1 clinical trials are brand new– just announced within the last month or so– so not very many of the folks here have experience with it yet.

Apparently, LEE011 is a small molecule similar to MEK in some respects. Although researchers  hope that it will kill breast cancer, melanoma, and some other cancers, what they really expect is that it will perform especially well in combination  with other small molecule targeted treatments like the BRAF inhibitors by preventing the cancer cells from becoming resistant to the targeted therapies. 

This is all pie-in-the-sky right now, but a series of Phase 1 trials of LEE011 alone and in combination have begun. Let's keep our fingers crossed! Please keep us posted about how things go for you.

POW
          Participant

The LEE011 Phase 1 clinical trials are brand new– just announced within the last month or so– so not very many of the folks here have experience with it yet.

Apparently, LEE011 is a small molecule similar to MEK in some respects. Although researchers  hope that it will kill breast cancer, melanoma, and some other cancers, what they really expect is that it will perform especially well in combination  with other small molecule targeted treatments like the BRAF inhibitors by preventing the cancer cells from becoming resistant to the targeted therapies. 

This is all pie-in-the-sky right now, but a series of Phase 1 trials of LEE011 alone and in combination have begun. Let's keep our fingers crossed! Please keep us posted about how things go for you.

POW
            Participant

Scuba Doc
                Participant

Thank You for the reply —looks like I will be starting the trial soon—-I will keep you posted–  LindaG

BrianP
                  Participant

Best of luck to you Linda.  My hat goes off to you brave phase I'ners who are willing to take a chance so that others may benefit.  Look forward to your future post and pray for great results.  Where will you be enrolling in the trial?

Brian

Scuba Doc
                    Participant

Starting the trial at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston, MA.in the next couple of weeks —-thanks

Scuba Doc
                      Participant

We are also wondering if anyone knows if Merck has approved of a 'Compassionate Exemption' for the drug Lambrolizumab to any melanoma patient so far? 

Scuba Doc
                        Participant

We are also wondering if anyone knows if Merck has approved of a 'Compassionate Exemption' for the drug Lambrolizumab to any melanoma patient so far? 

Scuba Doc
                          Participant

Scuba Doc
                            Participant

We are now in the 2nd cycle —-3 weeks on 1 week off. Won't know of any changes after cts and mri for another 3 weeks. Very tired about 1 hour after taking the drug but no other side effects to speak of—-

Scuba Doc
                              Participant

CTs and MRIs show additional growth —- off of the trial and looking into another clinical trial in NYC —thanks to all of the contributors—– Linda G

POW
                                Participant

Oh, shoot! I'm sorry for your disappointment. But thank you so much for volunteering to help test out this new drug. Without people like you, melanoma research would be dead in the water. 

I assume that you know that Merck's anti-PD1 (MK-3475) is just becoming available for expanded access? Could that be an option for you? Or perhaps an antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) trial?

POW
                                  Participant

Oh, shoot! I'm sorry for your disappointment. But thank you so much for volunteering to help test out this new drug. Without people like you, melanoma research would be dead in the water. 

I assume that you know that Merck's anti-PD1 (MK-3475) is just becoming available for expanded access? Could that be an option for you? Or perhaps an antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) trial?

POW
                                    Participant

Scuba Doc
                                      Participant

CTs and MRIs show additional growth —- off of the trial and looking into another clinical trial in NYC —thanks to all of the contributors—– Linda G

Scuba Doc
                                        Participant

Scuba Doc
                                          Participant

We are now in the 2nd cycle —-3 weeks on 1 week off. Won't know of any changes after cts and mri for another 3 weeks. Very tired about 1 hour after taking the drug but no other side effects to speak of—-

Scuba Doc
                                            Participant

Scuba Doc
                                              Participant

Starting the trial at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston, MA.in the next couple of weeks —-thanks

Scuba Doc
                                                Participant

BrianP
                                                  Participant

Best of luck to you Linda.  My hat goes off to you brave phase I'ners who are willing to take a chance so that others may benefit.  Look forward to your future post and pray for great results.  Where will you be enrolling in the trial?

Brian

BrianP
                                                    Participant

Brian

Scuba Doc
                                                      Participant

Thank You for the reply —looks like I will be starting the trial soon—-I will keep you posted–  LindaG

Scuba Doc
                                                        Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics