The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Not sure what I’ve got

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Not sure what I’ve got

Participant

Hi guys I’m 23 and worried I’ve got melanoma. I noticed a mole on my head three years s ago and never really paid attention to it I just looked at it now and it’s scaring me. Do you guys know if it’s indicative of melanoma. I see there is hair growing from it which is a good sign, no?

Guys I have really bad health anxiety please give me some advice

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Janner
        Participant

No one can tell from a picture.  It is unusual, but unusual isn't necessarily bad.  However, unusual does say that you should visit a dermatologist to have it evaluated.  I wouldn't stress about it, but I would have it looked at by a professional.  It's not anything bad unless a pathology report says it is bad!

MichelleRHG
          Participant
            I’ve been told twice by my dermatologist that hair growing from a mole is usually a good sign. But still get it checked!
              AN8
              Participant

I have been told the same thing by my derm, but I recall another post recently where someone said their derm does not support that theory??  I am asking mine again because its good to know small things like that. 

You can NEVER go wrong getting something checked so make that appt if you have not done so!

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics