The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

No Primary,. BRAF +. , OPDIVO

Forums General Melanoma Community No Primary,. BRAF +. , OPDIVO

Participant
      Looking for patients that are BRAF + plus No Primary that have had success with OPDIVO. Can you please share your story. I need a little positivity after receiving my latest scans. Thanks Trent.
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        tedtell1
        Participant
          Hey Trent;
          I was diagnosed in 2018 (January) after having a large tumor removed from over my shoulder blade. (They thought is was a cyst, turns out I had had a mysterious primary that had spread via my blood). I started Opdivo and continued it until 06/2018. Had to discontinue due to colitis. I remain NED. I had colitis as I mentioned, but also lots of nagging health issues since. No cancer though! I worked the whole time I was being treated, just got tired and then the stomach got really bad, but worked through it all. I was really lucky as my tumor burden was pretty much nonexistent as they were able to dig everything out. Hope the treatment works for you!!
          Ted
            THMoore
            Participant
              Thanks. Are you BRAF +?
            caman
            Participant
              I was stage 2 for 2 years till stage 3 came along in March of 2020. Felt a small lump on my neck. Needle biopsy determined in was melanoma. I chose neoadjuvant therapy and started on keytruda right away. Within 2 weeks the lump on my neck felt a lot softer. In about 6 weeks it was about 90 percent gone. Before my 3rd infusion it was completely gone. My surgery to remove that nobe and the other nobes around it is set for July 31. Not sure what the pathology will show after the surgery. I’m hoping for the best, dead cancer cells. That would be the best case scenario. We shall see. Wishing you the best!.
                THMoore
                Participant
                  We’re you BRAF +. I just had my third infusion and no changes.
                tedtell1
                Participant
                  I am Braf positive, but to this point, not an issue as the Opdivo worked.
                  Ted
              Viewing 2 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics