The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

no panic yet…

Forums General Melanoma Community no panic yet…

Participant

Well, We just got back from seeing my husband's dermatologist at UCLA (Dr Roger Lo).  We have noticed in the last month that the spots on the chest have become blacker and the Dr confirmed that they have "become more pronounced".  Could just be that the spots are making more pigment…or…the BRAF has met with resistance.  We have a CT scheduled for 12/17 and visit with Onc on 12/20.  Trying not to worry, but we would like to start researching other options.  Dr said we could maybe do trial with MEK/BRAF combo????  Just looking for input.

Well, We just got back from seeing my husband's dermatologist at UCLA (Dr Roger Lo).  We have noticed in the last month that the spots on the chest have become blacker and the Dr confirmed that they have "become more pronounced".  Could just be that the spots are making more pigment…or…the BRAF has met with resistance.  We have a CT scheduled for 12/17 and visit with Onc on 12/20.  Trying not to worry, but we would like to start researching other options.  Dr said we could maybe do trial with MEK/BRAF combo????  Just looking for input.  Other then IPI, what other options should we consider?

Jan (wife to Dirk, stage IV,  liver/lung mets, on BRAF since Feb)

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        killmel
        Participant

Jan,

Try to remain calm as everyone says to you, but easier said then done!!! You are only human so just try not to worry.

Trial using MDX1106 drug is suppose to less toxic than IPI.Perhaps you should ask UCLA if they will be get any trials using MDX1106.

I noticed you mentione GSK Braf/mek combo trial. Is UCLA going to be getting this trial?? If so, when.

I live in Vegas, and would be able to travel to UCLA , if UCLA is getting GSK Braf/mek combo trial soon.

Thanks for any info on GSK BRAF/MEK

Janice

LynnLuc
            Participant

H Lee Moffitt is doing a vaccine trial using MDX 1106- not too bad side effects 🙂 tired most of the time and have large hot itchy lumps from the vaccine shots in my thighs…MDX 1106 is an IV and other then a little flushing, small rash and some joint pain…it's more than tolerable considering….

LynnLuc
              Participant

H Lee Moffitt is doing a vaccine trial using MDX 1106- not too bad side effects 🙂 tired most of the time and have large hot itchy lumps from the vaccine shots in my thighs…MDX 1106 is an IV and other then a little flushing, small rash and some joint pain…it's more than tolerable considering….

killmel
              Participant

Jan,

Try to remain calm as everyone says to you, but easier said then done!!! You are only human so just try not to worry.

Trial using MDX1106 drug is suppose to less toxic than IPI.Perhaps you should ask UCLA if they will be get any trials using MDX1106.

I noticed you mentione GSK Braf/mek combo trial. Is UCLA going to be getting this trial?? If so, when.

I live in Vegas, and would be able to travel to UCLA , if UCLA is getting GSK Braf/mek combo trial soon.

Thanks for any info on GSK BRAF/MEK

Janice

Viewing 1 reply thread
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics