The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

no news is good news at the moment

Forums General Melanoma Community no news is good news at the moment

Participant

So dad had a CT scan on Wedneday and we get results on Monday. He has been on Temador for the last two months and has progression in the brain. As of two days ago he had a fall from loss of balance and is now complaining of a numb right foot. I rang the hospital and they ordered an MRI on the brain and spine that day. I can't tell you how frightening this all is. What a evil disease.

Sorry to those fighting this battle too.

Nahmi

Daughter

So dad had a CT scan on Wedneday and we get results on Monday. He has been on Temador for the last two months and has progression in the brain. As of two days ago he had a fall from loss of balance and is now complaining of a numb right foot. I rang the hospital and they ordered an MRI on the brain and spine that day. I can't tell you how frightening this all is. What a evil disease.

Sorry to those fighting this battle too.

Nahmi

Daughter

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        MeNDave
        Participant

Oh Nahmi, I wish I could give you a hug right now.  I know what your going through – Dave also took a fall on Wednesday.  It scared all of us.  I called his onc and they found out that his hemoglobin was low due to the chemo, so he got two units of blood which made him feel better.  I hope that the loss of balance is caused by something mundane and not the brain.

I know how frightening it is – and I wish that none of us had to go through this.

Many, many hugs,

Maria

MeNDave
          Participant

Oh Nahmi, I wish I could give you a hug right now.  I know what your going through – Dave also took a fall on Wednesday.  It scared all of us.  I called his onc and they found out that his hemoglobin was low due to the chemo, so he got two units of blood which made him feel better.  I hope that the loss of balance is caused by something mundane and not the brain.

I know how frightening it is – and I wish that none of us had to go through this.

Many, many hugs,

Maria

deardad
              Participant

Maria,

A hug back to you. I'm glad in Dave's case it was the hemoglobin. Unfortunately I have a bad feeling about my dad though, he has no headaches but he's appetite is decreasing and I can see week by week his health is declining. I feel like I'm on a really scarey roller coaster but I can't close my eyes.

Poor dad he's such a wonderful father, popa and husband and he's way too young to go now.

Just stinks really.

I will let you know how tomorrow goes. MRI on brain and spine as well as CT scans will be read to us. 

xxx Nahmi

benp
                Participant
                  Best of luck for that Nahmi.

Ben.

deardad
                  Participant

Thanks Ben,

How did the SRS go? How are you doing?

Nahmi

deardad
                    Participant

Thanks Ben,

Nahmi

deardad
                      Participant

Thanks Ben,

Nahmi

benp
                        Participant

I think it has gone well thanks – I have not yead had any follow up scans, though will in 2 weeks, so fingers crossed.

How was today for you?

Ben.

benp
                          Participant

I think it has gone well thanks – I have not yead had any follow up scans, though will in 2 weeks, so fingers crossed.

How was today for you?

Ben.

deardad
                            Participant

Not good, everythings grown. WBR did nothing and Temador neither. I asked about Gamma again and  he just dismisses it. I am asking for the MRI disk tomorrow and then calling Sydney again.

They only offered two other forms of chemo but even then said he wouldn't do them, so I guess that means we are at the end of the road? I'm not giving up just yet though.

I hope the gamma has killed that melanoma, positive vibes coming your way.

Take care Ben

Nahmi

deardad
                              Participant

Not good, everythings grown. WBR did nothing and Temador neither. I asked about Gamma again and  he just dismisses it. I am asking for the MRI disk tomorrow and then calling Sydney again.

They only offered two other forms of chemo but even then said he wouldn't do them, so I guess that means we are at the end of the road? I'm not giving up just yet though.

Take care Ben

Nahmi

deardad
                                Participant

Take care Ben

Nahmi

benp
                                  Participant

How was today for you?

Ben.

benp
                                    Participant

Ben.

benp
                                      Participant

Ben.

deardad
                                        Participant

Maria,

A hug back to you. I'm glad in Dave's case it was the hemoglobin. Unfortunately I have a bad feeling about my dad though, he has no headaches but he's appetite is decreasing and I can see week by week his health is declining. I feel like I'm on a really scarey roller coaster but I can't close my eyes.

Poor dad he's such a wonderful father, popa and husband and he's way too young to go now.

Just stinks really.

I will let you know how tomorrow goes. MRI on brain and spine as well as CT scans will be read to us. 

xxx Nahmi

deardad
                                          Participant

Maria,

Just stinks really.

xxx Nahmi

MeNDave
                                          Participant

Many, many hugs,

Maria

Viewing 2 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics