The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Nikki, nikki, nikki…. tsk, tsk

Forums General Melanoma Community Nikki, nikki, nikki…. tsk, tsk

Participant

So what kind of a name is "yoop"? Rhymes with "poop"? 

And why did you pull up a really OLD posting when it is obvious you are a witty, intelligent person and could start another one equally as provoking.

Male or female? I don't normally call males "witty" or "intelligent".

Just saying,

Nicki 

And this is how my dear friend Nikki started it.  Thank you for the slight flambe'.

So what kind of a name is "yoop"? Rhymes with "poop"? 

And why did you pull up a really OLD posting when it is obvious you are a witty, intelligent person and could start another one equally as provoking.

Male or female? I don't normally call males "witty" or "intelligent".

Just saying,

Nicki 

And this is how my dear friend Nikki started it.  Thank you for the slight flambe'.

To answer your questions, Yoop, (cap. please) is short for Yooper, (see how the cap. works?)  A Yooper is someone who was born and raised in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.  U.P. = sing-song them together and viola'; Yoop.  Forget the sing-song part though, I just wanted to use the word.

I think the second paragraph feeds a little from the first one.  First the "poop" remark,  then I'm a dumbass for pulling up an old post but you came back by with nice compliments of being witty, and intelligent, which was nice, thank you.

The third paragraph is a good one.  Don't be a hater, especially a man hater.  After all if it wasn't for us males, you women wouldn't be around.  Remember we gave up a rib for you.

If Dyke was around she would assure you that I was a male.  She would zing me by saying that I often kept my di** out when I posted.  I probably did a couple times, but have since put it back in.

Nikki, is that male or female?  I probably should have started with that question.

just sayin',

Yoop

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        nicoli
        Participant

Oh hello, Yoop. My name is spelled Nicki, not nikki, but you are real close. There are other Nick type people on the forum and we all spell it differently. Female, thank you.

Upper michigan is nice, I was in Detroit once for about 10 minutes, does that count as upper Michigan?  I must admit it seems like upper Minnesota, of which I am familiar.

So why don't you put some more witty, provocative postings on the off-topic. You done real good with the last one. I am reluctant to do so cuz people seem to take me the wrong way.

Nicki

Uh, and, what is a "flambe'" ? I speak real good South Dakotan and pretty good Coloradoan but don't know flambe.

yoop
            Participant

Hi Nicki,

Sorry about the name misspelling.

Flambe' is when you make a food dish and then add something with alcohol  to it and light it on fire.  I was using a fancy word to make myself feel smart but it only means 'to burn'.

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa on comparing Detroit to the U.P.  Ever seen Fargo?  Escanaba in the Moonlight?  Nope, not even close to being an eeentsy bit similar to the U.P.  In the U.P. men are men and so are the women and sheep run scared… kidding, kidding.

Don't sell yourself short about posting, any post nowadays is better than nothing.  I'm only witty in the morning after a cup of coffee or in the evening after a couple of beers….

We can work together, you think of something to post and we can comment, deal?

yoop

yoop
              Participant

Hi Nicki,

Sorry about the name misspelling.

Flambe' is when you make a food dish and then add something with alcohol  to it and light it on fire.  I was using a fancy word to make myself feel smart but it only means 'to burn'.

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa on comparing Detroit to the U.P.  Ever seen Fargo?  Escanaba in the Moonlight?  Nope, not even close to being an eeentsy bit similar to the U.P.  In the U.P. men are men and so are the women and sheep run scared… kidding, kidding.

Don't sell yourself short about posting, any post nowadays is better than nothing.  I'm only witty in the morning after a cup of coffee or in the evening after a couple of beers….

We can work together, you think of something to post and we can comment, deal?

yoop

nicoli
              Participant

Oh hello, Yoop. My name is spelled Nicki, not nikki, but you are real close. There are other Nick type people on the forum and we all spell it differently. Female, thank you.

Upper michigan is nice, I was in Detroit once for about 10 minutes, does that count as upper Michigan?  I must admit it seems like upper Minnesota, of which I am familiar.

So why don't you put some more witty, provocative postings on the off-topic. You done real good with the last one. I am reluctant to do so cuz people seem to take me the wrong way.

Nicki

Uh, and, what is a "flambe'" ? I speak real good South Dakotan and pretty good Coloradoan but don't know flambe.

jag
                Participant

Hey Yoops, hope things are cool and pretty out there on the U.P.

Dog Days of Summer here.  Ole Trout D Dog (lab mix 14 yo)is on his last legs these days.

Fucking Hot.

BonnieLea
                    Participant

yep even cam-bop-o-ling was hot.  rained only once, and temp in the 90's and little 100's make for MANY MAN BUGGLETS.

BONNIE also fell, as walking is not so great of late.  so I am sort of a blue bonnie soon to turn green then ick yellow.  Klutz?  prob. not soused enuff to just bounce about unhurt.

BonnieLea
                      Participant

yep even cam-bop-o-ling was hot.  rained only once, and temp in the 90's and little 100's make for MANY MAN BUGGLETS.

BONNIE also fell, as walking is not so great of late.  so I am sort of a blue bonnie soon to turn green then ick yellow.  Klutz?  prob. not soused enuff to just bounce about unhurt.

Kimmer
                        Participant

glad you are out of the woods, (mostly) safe and sound with another adventure to share, Bonnie.

now you take good care of you, okay?

love, k.

Kimmer
                          Participant

glad you are out of the woods, (mostly) safe and sound with another adventure to share, Bonnie.

now you take good care of you, okay?

love, k.

yoop
                            Participant

Hey Mr. Fudd,

Nice to see you post.  I finally got back to my computer.  Anyway, I spent about a week and a half in the U.P.,  it sure was nice but the heat was brutal on the ice fishing…ha  It was and has been nasty hot here also, (I'm back in G.R.)

Sorry to hear about Ole Trout D Dog, how's he doing?

I also checked out your website, you are da' man, really cool.

Your auto sign made me think of a story about my brother…   He was snowmobiling with a couple of his friends and they had to stop to take a leak.  The temp. was about -20.  My brother was standing there pseudo peeing when his buddy asked him what his problem was.  Turned out that since it was so cold out, his Johnny Johnson did the scared turtle and he was pissing on the inside of his snowmobile pants……  

Yoop

yoop
                              Participant

Hey Mr. Fudd,

Nice to see you post.  I finally got back to my computer.  Anyway, I spent about a week and a half in the U.P.,  it sure was nice but the heat was brutal on the ice fishing…ha  It was and has been nasty hot here also, (I'm back in G.R.)

Sorry to hear about Ole Trout D Dog, how's he doing?

I also checked out your website, you are da' man, really cool.

Your auto sign made me think of a story about my brother…   He was snowmobiling with a couple of his friends and they had to stop to take a leak.  The temp. was about -20.  My brother was standing there pseudo peeing when his buddy asked him what his problem was.  Turned out that since it was so cold out, his Johnny Johnson did the scared turtle and he was pissing on the inside of his snowmobile pants……  

Yoop

jag
                              Participant

Hey Yoops, hope things are cool and pretty out there on the U.P.

Dog Days of Summer here.  Ole Trout D Dog (lab mix 14 yo)is on his last legs these days.

Fucking Hot.

BonnieLea
                                Participant

Well Mr. Yoop, Mr. Yawn, and Jag  I am BACK.  I posted my rather flat posting up higher here. 

John, did you and wifey get that vet van off and running?  I want to know!!  I need to know!!

Yoop def is a guy Nikki  He writes most neat….funny humourist type stuff.  (and gross stuff too just to balance it out)  Mr. Yawn….. gee I do miss you.

Life is getting too complicated for me at present, but I will continue to bother you all for sure.

BonnieLea
                                  Participant

Well Mr. Yoop, Mr. Yawn, and Jag  I am BACK.  I posted my rather flat posting up higher here. 

John, did you and wifey get that vet van off and running?  I want to know!!  I need to know!!

Yoop def is a guy Nikki  He writes most neat….funny humourist type stuff.  (and gross stuff too just to balance it out)  Mr. Yawn….. gee I do miss you.

Life is getting too complicated for me at present, but I will continue to bother you all for sure.

jag
                                      Participant

Well Ms. Bonnie, just like you to demand all kinds of personal information from other people and not share anything of your own snake fighting life in the Canadian wilderness.  The wifey and I have been very busy with the new business, hopefully the "procedure unit"-as I like to refer to it will be finished by mid August.  I have been working with Hanvey Engineering to get this little baby up and running.  We plan to be able to offer mobile digital radiology, dentistry and surgery outside of our patients homes.  I definitely have some interesting stories which do to animal HIPPA laws I am required by law to keep confidential, and for the sake of my clientelle, but, being your own boss definitely has it's advantages.  

This is the company I am working with to design it.  The design in itself has been lots of fun.

http://sprinterbusinessvans.com/

Our van will be one of the monsters you see in the pictures.  

Every time I think of saying we are building a van, this comes to mind:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pbLRqJ3T4DY&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jag
                                        Participant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbLRqJ3T4DY

Sorry this was the video I meant to post.

Kimmer
                                          Participant

everyone needs a nice van with granite counter tops and crown molding, Jon.  you will be the envy of all van dwellers down by the river.

what a fabulous new business!  congratulations.

take good care, k.

Kimmer
                                            Participant

everyone needs a nice van with granite counter tops and crown molding, Jon.  you will be the envy of all van dwellers down by the river.

what a fabulous new business!  congratulations.

take good care, k.

jag
                                              Participant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbLRqJ3T4DY

Sorry this was the video I meant to post.

jag
                                                Participant

Well Ms. Bonnie, just like you to demand all kinds of personal information from other people and not share anything of your own snake fighting life in the Canadian wilderness.  The wifey and I have been very busy with the new business, hopefully the "procedure unit"-as I like to refer to it will be finished by mid August.  I have been working with Hanvey Engineering to get this little baby up and running.  We plan to be able to offer mobile digital radiology, dentistry and surgery outside of our patients homes.  I definitely have some interesting stories which do to animal HIPPA laws I am required by law to keep confidential, and for the sake of my clientelle, but, being your own boss definitely has it's advantages.  

This is the company I am working with to design it.  The design in itself has been lots of fun.

http://sprinterbusinessvans.com/

Our van will be one of the monsters you see in the pictures.  

Every time I think of saying we are building a van, this comes to mind:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pbLRqJ3T4DY&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

yoop
                                                  Participant

Yaaaay,

Bonnie Lea is back.

Remember about a year ago when you breathed new life into this board?  Me thinks you might need to do it again.

Sorry about life getting complicated and I hope it smoothes out for you, I sure do like it when you bother us….. ha..

yoop

yoop
                                                    Participant

Yaaaay,

Bonnie Lea is back.

Remember about a year ago when you breathed new life into this board?  Me thinks you might need to do it again.

Sorry about life getting complicated and I hope it smoothes out for you, I sure do like it when you bother us….. ha..

yoop

MarieM
                                                    Participant

Hey YOOP!

We thank you for the rib….but we KNOW you would have just crushed it..trying to rope an animal bigger and stronger than you anyway. WE will take good care of it…..

I'm not sure if I posted in this thread correctly. So confusing here.

Hope you are well and loving married life!

Hugs, Marie

yoop
                                                        Participant

Sweeeeeeeet Marie,

How in the world are you?  Any cougar sightings lately?  There shouldn't be since me, Dan, Yawn and Jag are keeping an eye out for you, the kids and the critter you call a dog…. ha.

You are absolutely right about the rib thing, I'm sure it would have been crushed anyway.  You know how I know this???  About 4 days after I broke my baby toe on my left foot I decided to waterski.  Since I have the confidence of 4 men and I was able to ski well 20 years ago, I decided there was no need for a second ski to get up….  Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, I have the blown hamstring to prove it and now walk like Fred Sanford with a bruise from my knee to my arse.

Shoot me an email and we can chat.  [email protected] yes, yes, odd email addy but I can somewhat explain.

bill

yoop
                                                          Participant

Sweeeeeeeet Marie,

How in the world are you?  Any cougar sightings lately?  There shouldn't be since me, Dan, Yawn and Jag are keeping an eye out for you, the kids and the critter you call a dog…. ha.

You are absolutely right about the rib thing, I'm sure it would have been crushed anyway.  You know how I know this???  About 4 days after I broke my baby toe on my left foot I decided to waterski.  Since I have the confidence of 4 men and I was able to ski well 20 years ago, I decided there was no need for a second ski to get up….  Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, I have the blown hamstring to prove it and now walk like Fred Sanford with a bruise from my knee to my arse.

Shoot me an email and we can chat.  [email protected] yes, yes, odd email addy but I can somewhat explain.

bill

MarieM
                                                          Participant

Hey YOOP!

We thank you for the rib….but we KNOW you would have just crushed it..trying to rope an animal bigger and stronger than you anyway. WE will take good care of it…..

I'm not sure if I posted in this thread correctly. So confusing here.

Hope you are well and loving married life!

Hugs, Marie

Viewing 7 reply threads
                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics