The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Next CT scan on Monday, big sigh

Forums General Melanoma Community Next CT scan on Monday, big sigh

Participant

It is now 4/4/14. I made it through 3 of the 4 Yervoy/Opdivo infusions. (mainly just fatigue and fevers for a few days after each infusoin)  Liver shot way up, I was very sick with chills and fever for 6 days.  Did the bloodwork for the next infusion and the Dr took me off of all immunotherapy and started me on Prednisone.  I am now in the 2nd week of that, liver numbers are going down, (Thank God) and I have more energy than I have had in 6 months…
      I go in for the next CT scan on 4/8/19.  Feeling anxious, hopeful, scared, wondering why I am not feeling sick with all of this crap floating around inside of me.

And the elephant…. what's the next step…
      more to come,

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        TexMelanomex
        Participant

Hang in there, even people who tolerate only a dose or two of the combo have shown results! Sounds like you warriored through the Ippy Combo Flu and are on the mend. Good for you! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as you approach scan day but remember sometimes it takes a little while for that combo to work its magic!

Happygal
            Participant

Thank you, I do appreciate the words of encouragement.  For the most part I am a very optimistic, happy person, sometimes tho….that is when I write here I guess.  It is always good to hear the positive words and outcomes on this invasive, scary disease.

Hukill
            Participant

I would say you are doing great, seems your immune system is reacting. Towards the end of the combo I ran fever for 6 weeks, the worst chills and sweats I have ever had. Spent 3 days in the hospital to rule out infection and it was determined to be a side effect, no infection. I have had 5 or 6 side effects since I started my treatment in 06/2016 and after 57 doses still have most of them to include the fatigue which is horrible. In the morning I drink pre-workout energy booster and take testosterone booster before going to the gym, come home drink coffee and protien shake and by 8:30 I am asleep at my desk at work. I bet you see some improvements in your scans.

Happygal
                Participant

Yes the chills and fever were very scary, wondering what is going on!! So glad it was only a week, instead of 6…

Thank you for the words!!!!

Monday here we come!!!!

Viewing 1 reply thread
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics