The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Newt gets his just deserts in Florida

Forums General Melanoma Community Newt gets his just deserts in Florida

Participant

What a disgusting week of Newtoninan barfology. I especially enjoyed his hysterical pandering to the West Coast NASA folks with the I'm gonna establish a Moon Colony speach.  LOST IN SPACE NEWT!!!!  Warning. Warning. Warning Will Robinson. I sense an alien presence in Newt's brain.

What a disgusting week of Newtoninan barfology. I especially enjoyed his hysterical pandering to the West Coast NASA folks with the I'm gonna establish a Moon Colony speach.  LOST IN SPACE NEWT!!!!  Warning. Warning. Warning Will Robinson. I sense an alien presence in Newt's brain. So here is this guy with who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar, was fired as speaker by his own party, fined, publicly disgraced, divorced his first wife as she was battling cancer (the Dems had Edwards too I admit) divorced his second wife who was recently dx'd with MS because she wouldn't let poor Newtie be naughty and have an open marriage. Then he rakes in millions as a non lobbyist doing lobbying for the scandalous mortagage company that exacerbated the housing collapse, and then has the balls to think he is a serious CONSERVATIVE presidential candidate.  At least Cain quietly rode off to obscurity when his past behavior became public knowledge.  My bible thumping red neck relatives and neighbors all came home yesterday gleefully gloating how they had cast their votes for Newt. He even had spoken at their Baptist Church (Idlewild, a mega church) here on Sunday. What part of his behavior is consistent with their bible thumping beliefs???  How can Newt be considered a conservative? What I see happening is the Republican party self destructing. Their best potential candidates won't run partly due to the Tea Party crazies that have forced moderate Republicans who would have a serious shot at winning to avoid seeking the job. The Republican party has a long history, remember Goldwater, of letting the extremist undermine their credibility. I personally think Romney could be a competent moderate conservative president. But he has been forced to shift much farther to the right to even have a chance for his party's nomination. When people like Romney and Huntsman are rejected as too liberal I think The Republican Party is being dragged down by the die hard angry white red necks of the South and the rural sparsely  populated predominately white Western states. The US is now much too multi racial, multi ethnic for the far right to prevail. If the economy continues to improve, Obama should have pretty good odds of being re-elected.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        jag
        Participant

The funniest things are the people who think their vote even matters in the grand scheme of things.

BillMFl
            Participant

But not so funny when nobody gets to vote like in Syria. Bullets vs votes? I vote for votes.

BillMFl
              Participant

But not so funny when nobody gets to vote like in Syria. Bullets vs votes? I vote for votes.

BillMFl
                Participant

jag
                Participant

The funniest things are the people who think their vote even matters in the grand scheme of things.

jag
                  Participant

keyon
                    Participant

How low can we get for a presidential candidate?  How do you trust someone with a personal life and professional career littered with disgracefull behavior. Toss in a pugnacious, arguementative, negative personality and what do you have? A combination of DanT, Jag and BG with a pot belly and a skinny bottle

keyon
                      Participant

How low can we get for a presidential candidate?  How do you trust someone with a personal life and professional career littered with disgracefull behavior. Toss in a pugnacious, arguementative, negative personality and what do you have? A combination of DanT, Jag and BG with a pot belly and a skinny bottle

keyon
                        Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics