The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

newly diagnosed

Forums General Melanoma Community newly diagnosed

Participant

hi i was newly diagnosed with melanoma. i am 37 with 3 amazing kids and a wonderful husband, along with a supportive extended family. i am very blessed. i wanted to thank everyone on here for being so brave and sharing there stories, it has really helped me this past month. i was diagnosed aug. 2 with a changing mole on my left thigh. it was 2.03 indepth, clarks level 4 with some shallow ulceration. ihad my second surgery sept.4 the wide excision and lymphnods removed to be tested. i am keeping my fingers crossed for clear result.

hi i was newly diagnosed with melanoma. i am 37 with 3 amazing kids and a wonderful husband, along with a supportive extended family. i am very blessed. i wanted to thank everyone on here for being so brave and sharing there stories, it has really helped me this past month. i was diagnosed aug. 2 with a changing mole on my left thigh. it was 2.03 indepth, clarks level 4 with some shallow ulceration. ihad my second surgery sept.4 the wide excision and lymphnods removed to be tested. i am keeping my fingers crossed for clear result.

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Replies
        Tina D
        Participant

I also find lots of help here… helps one to not feel alone in the fight, and it is a community full of experience and resources and support. Sorry you are here, but I am glad you found it when you needed it. Hoping to hear good news from the follow up surgery,

Tina

Tina D
          Participant

I also find lots of help here… helps one to not feel alone in the fight, and it is a community full of experience and resources and support. Sorry you are here, but I am glad you found it when you needed it. Hoping to hear good news from the follow up surgery,

Tina

Tina D
            Participant

Tina

michelleg
              Participant

Just wanted to say I hope you get good news from your surgery.  Also, you are in good hands.  I have been a patient at UVA with Dr Slingluff since June 2010.  Diagnosed at stage 3B and still 3B and NED.  I have had a good experience with the entire staff at his office.

Michelle / 3B

michelleg
                Participant

Just wanted to say I hope you get good news from your surgery.  Also, you are in good hands.  I have been a patient at UVA with Dr Slingluff since June 2010.  Diagnosed at stage 3B and still 3B and NED.  I have had a good experience with the entire staff at his office.

Michelle / 3B

michelleg
                  Participant

Michelle / 3B

JerryfromFauq
                    Participant

Have to say, You got to the best!  After our PCP  & a local surgeon near Warrenton delayed my case for years, the only that prevented my death ln 2007 was what I consider extra-odinary and carrying actions & followup by Dr Slingluff and staff & his referral of me to Dr Weiss.  What TEAM at UVA!

JerryfromFauq
                      Participant

Have to say, You got to the best!  After our PCP  & a local surgeon near Warrenton delayed my case for years, the only that prevented my death ln 2007 was what I consider extra-odinary and carrying actions & followup by Dr Slingluff and staff & his referral of me to Dr Weiss.  What TEAM at UVA!

JerryfromFauq
                        Participant

JerryfromFauq
                          Participant

Nothing wrong with being a little wimpy! 

I hollered at Karen and sent a rough email, before I ever met them.  Dr Slingluff personally responded to me that same night @  35 minutes after midnight!  Does that man ever sleep?  He cares about people!  And picked a staff to match.
                            I was mean tohim once.  When I returned from being smashed by the horse in Co. I handed him the bloody pic of my head and told "This is you're fault!"  Boy did he looked stumped and ar a loss for words.  After a  brief pause, I added "If you hadn't saved my lire four years ago, I wouldn't have been here to do something this stupid."  He grinned.

JerryfromFauq
                            Participant

I hollered at Karen and sent a rough email, before I ever met them.  Dr Slingluff personally responded to me that same night @  35 minutes after midnight!  Does that man ever sleep?  He cares about people!  And picked a staff to match.
                              I was mean tohim once.  When I returned from being smashed by the horse in Co. I handed him the bloody pic of my head and told "This is you're fault!"  Boy did he looked stumped and ar a loss for words.  After a  brief pause, I added "If you hadn't saved my lire four years ago, I wouldn't have been here to do something this stupid."  He grinned.

JerryfromFauq
                              Participant

Viewing 9 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics