The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Newly diagnosed

Forums General Melanoma Community Newly diagnosed

Participant
      I just received news that I have melanoma in situ and I’m very frightened and feel like I’m in a very bad nightmare. I have meetings next week with 2 differen surgeons to advise me treatment. I’m terrified that they are going to provide me with a bad prognosis. This is what my path report said:

melanoma in-situ, early lesion
       (note: the lesion extends to lateral margins)

Clinical Data History:
      shave w/ margins, 0.2 x 0.3 new 2 tone macule, R/O A typical nevus

Microscopic Description
      Melanocytes, some of which have hyperchromatic nuclei, are arranged as solitary units and in nests with the epidermis.  There is poor circumscription and in foci melanocytes arranged as solitary units predominate over nests.

Any words of wisdom or questions I should ask my doctor would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        KyCyn
        Participant

In situ is very early, and it is great it was caught now.  Write down all your questions and take them with you.  Try not to worry (yeah, I know, easier said than done 🙂 but in situ is about as good as you can get with regards to melanoma.

jag
            Participant

Hey Cyn! how is life on the hi seas?

jag
              Participant

jag
                Participant

jag
                  Participant

Hey Cyn! how is life on the high seas? I was beginning to think you got captured by the Somalis.

wsx111
                    Participant

ddddddddddddddddddd

wsx111
                      Participant

ddddddddddddddddddd

wsx111
                        Participant

ddddddddddddddddddd

jag
                          Participant

Hey Cyn! how is life on the high seas? I was beginning to think you got captured by the Somalis.

jag
                            Participant

KyCyn
                            Participant

In situ is very early, and it is great it was caught now.  Write down all your questions and take them with you.  Try not to worry (yeah, I know, easier said than done 🙂 but in situ is about as good as you can get with regards to melanoma.

KyCyn
                              Participant

porton
                                Participant

If its an IK Spline based spine setup, it seems like you're getting double transformations. This occurs when two things are influencing the position of a curve or the points on a curve. So, here, depending on how you set it up, the spline may be skinned to control joints, and in the hierarchy of the hips. So when you move it, the joints are moving the 

porton
                                  Participant

If its an IK Spline based spine setup, it seems like you're getting double transformations. This occurs when two things are influencing the position of a curve or the points on a curve. So, here, depending on how you set it up, the spline may be skinned to control joints, and in the hierarchy of the hips. So when you move it, the joints are moving the 

porton
                                    Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics