The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

New spot on left hand

Forums General Melanoma Community New spot on left hand

Participant

Hi, 

I was diagnosed in 11/2012 as stage 3. Went through 3 surgeries and Interferon treatment. Last summer my Oncologist passed away and I have yet to get a new one. I have been enduring some major headaches and terrible pain on the right side of my neck. Just this week i have developed a dark spot on my left ring finger just above my wedding ring, (no discomfort at all). Of course anxiety is in full swing, can anyone lend advise?

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Marianne quinn
        Participant

another oncologist should have assumed his patient load. It is critical that you go see another oncologist soon. Please take care of getting an appointment tomorrow and hopefully be seen next week. If your oncologist was in a group, it should be relatively easy to find another. If not, get your primary care doctor to help. Don't wait!

Marianne quinn
          Participant

another oncologist should have assumed his patient load. It is critical that you go see another oncologist soon. Please take care of getting an appointment tomorrow and hopefully be seen next week. If your oncologist was in a group, it should be relatively easy to find another. If not, get your primary care doctor to help. Don't wait!

Marianne quinn
            Participant

DZnDef
              Participant

I hope this doesn't come across as too insensitive but I am always impressed when a melanoma patient outlives their oncologist.

Yes, by all means do locate another oncologist, preferably one that specializes in melanoma.  Let's hope all this is nothing, however, the peace of mind that comes with knowing for certain is priceless.

Happy New Year to you.  May it be a marvelous one!

mwconklin
                  Participant

Thank you, Happy New Year to you too.

mwconklin
                    Participant

mwconklin
                      Participant

DZnDef
                      Participant

I hope this doesn't come across as too insensitive but I am always impressed when a melanoma patient outlives their oncologist.

Yes, by all means do locate another oncologist, preferably one that specializes in melanoma.  Let's hope all this is nothing, however, the peace of mind that comes with knowing for certain is priceless.

DZnDef
                        Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics