The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

New Spot near WLE

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community New Spot near WLE

Participant

I have a new/changed mole about 4-6 inches from my original site. I had a .6mm spitzoid melanoma removed in August 2018. Today I was itchy and took a look and to my horror there is something there that looks an awful lot like my original melanoma. Pink/Brown/White and a little bit shiny. I am obviously panicked. I have contacted my dermatologist but I have not heard back and my imagination is racing. Any idea on how common recurrence near the original site is and what that means for my original 1a diagnosis? Does the spitzoid piece of the diagnosis matter?  Crushed.

MMH

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        AnxiousDad
        Participant
          I don’t have anything enlightening to say about how common it might be or if the Spitzoid matters….but I just wanted to tell you I am thinking of you and praying it is not anything bad. I am the father of a 3 year old and a 7 year old and have had some worries over the last year or so. Nothing compared to what some of the warriors here are fighting…but the mental part of this fight is awful. Please try and not let melanoma take any more of your life than possible. Enjoy every moment. Know that your struggling is not alone. I dont post much but I felt like I just wanted to reach out to you and tell you I have been suffering from depression and anxiety from this….also. And I have lately been trying to enjoy life more. It is difficult with this disease lurking but I truly think that this is the most important part of the fight. Loving life and living every moment.
            MMH
            Participant

Thank you so much for the kind words. This is tough and hearing from you helped remind me I am not alone. I had the spot removed on Friday. Now I wait. 

vocalvee
              Participant
                Hi there! I ran into your post and I wanted to know what the update was on your new spot. What did it turn out being?

thank you!

Viewing 0 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics