The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

New pregnancy

Forums General Melanoma Community New pregnancy

Participant

It’s been a while since I’ve posted- and last time was after the loss of a pregnancy.  Well, we have (as of yesterday), safely hit the 12 week mark! My OBGYN. Has been great about me being able to come in every 2 weeks until 14 weeks to hear the heartbeat.

I’m so excited, but those same fears have hit that hit with the last pregnancy.  After the loss of my last one in January- I I did talk with my onc. And she let me get a scan 6 months early. ( my thought was I had had several weeks of extra hormones AND i would hope to be pregnant at my next 6 month appointmentbwhen I would normally be getting my scan- and I didn’t want to miss a scan for 1 1/2 years…. ). Scan came back clear! So here we are…. 12 weeks pregnant and work g to enjoy it and not be scared.  I KNOW there have been healthy moms/ after stage 3a diagnosis…  praying to be one of those that are blessed and stay healthy! 

Have a great 4th everyone!

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Replies
        Dwarla
        Participant

Praying for you and baby to be healthy and happy! Much happiness to you!!!!!

jennunicorn
          Participant

Congrats!! 

Mark_DC
            Participant

great to hear good news – congratulations and well done!!!!

aldrichdesigner
              Participant
                Wow, we are slightly similar scenarios except we had the baby and then got the diagnosis of stage 4 two weeks later. But fear not, I’m not the mom, but as the dad it doesn’t always make things a lot easier. My battle since the disease has returned worse has been going on for just over a year now but it still feels like yesterday. The drugs and time have ravaged my body, but I wouldn’t have gotten through any of it without that little girl. She’s been an amazing gift through it all. She brings a smile to everyone’s face no matter how they are feeling, because she’s always laughing or smiling. She can occasionally get an attitude now and again, now that she’s actually 1. Still can’t believe I can say that. A year ago, I thought I would be dead. But I’m not and I even have gotten my disease to be stable.

Anyway, your probably thinking this guy is crazy our stories aren’t alike but in a way they are. It was my way of expressing how much that new life can make a difference and that I hope the absolute best for you and your baby! Good luck and congratulations. Warrior On!

Happy_girl
                  Participant

Thanks for sharing! Actually, I was originally diagnosed when my 1st daughter was 6 weeks old.  I call her my little life-saver because we noticed the mole changed while pregnant.  Now- 4 years later ( with good appointments and clear scans), here we are! 

KellyH
                  Participant

Congratulations!!!! Such exciting news!!!! 

I love to hear happy stories from people on this forum. It reminds me that even though this diagnosis can be very overwhelming at times there is so much more to life. My son is the patient and has his whole life ahead of him, it’s stories like this that help me to see past the diagnosis and the treatments we are dealing with now and look forward to a bright future!!!! 

Best wishes for you and your brand new baby!!!!  ❤️

Kelly 🙂 

Alce123
                    Participant
                      I was diagnosed as stage 1a in July 2016… I’m currently 19 weeks pregnant and all is very well. I know thats not exactly the same but i hope it helps or at least helps you feel you’re not alone in the pregnant, melanoma world 🙂
                        Happy_girl
                        Participant

Yeah! Congrats! Hope you continue to have a happy, healthy pregnancy! 

Nemesis
                        Participant

Congratulations! I take it the doctors advised you to wait for 3 years after the treatment before trying for a baby?

Happy_girl
                            Participant

I only had a SLN and CLND followed by scans.  The docs k talked with did not believe I needed anything else.  Yes- we did wait the suggested amount of time to try for a baby! And with clean scans after the 1st miscarriage, and now being pregnant- I feel a little more confident! 

Nemesis
                              Participant

Awesome. My tumor was 1b, and I am stage 1A now after the new guidelines. Mine was found when my son was 5 months old, and I will wait for two years before trying again. That time will be up in nov, so I am pretty excited!

Alce123
                                Participant
                                  I don’t know if this was directed at me or not. I was advised to wait 1 year. Ended up getting pregnant about 1.5 years after diagnosis. The most I’ve seen suggested for thin lesions is 2 years. Much of the research says no wait time. Not sure there is a “right” answer at the moment.
                            Viewing 6 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics