The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

New Member with Question re drug trial with mek kinase

Forums General Melanoma Community New Member with Question re drug trial with mek kinase

Participant

Hi.  I am a new user who has a friend who found this site extremely helpful and informative.  It has been recommended to my husband that he participate in a clinical trial with the drug mek kinase.  Does anyone have any experience with this?  We are in Canada.  

Thank you so much!

Hi.  I am a new user who has a friend who found this site extremely helpful and informative.  It has been recommended to my husband that he participate in a clinical trial with the drug mek kinase.  Does anyone have any experience with this?  We are in Canada.  

Thank you so much!

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        Sherron
        Participant

I have no help for you, but wanted to welcome you to the BB…You will find many people who have had lots of experience and lots of knowledge that can possible help you.

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim

donswife
            Participant

Thank you so much Sherrron!  I really appreciate your reply and kind words.

donswife
              Participant

Thank you so much Sherrron!  I really appreciate your reply and kind words.

Sherron
              Participant

I have no help for you, but wanted to welcome you to the BB…You will find many people who have had lots of experience and lots of knowledge that can possible help you.

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim

W.
                Participant

Hello,

MEK kinase inhibitors are a group of drugs. Do you know which one was suggested?

Some inhibitors which are currently investigated in clinical trials:

GSK1120212

AZD6244

TAK-733

RO4987655

I just post these drug names here so that maybe someone who has experience with it will recognize a name…

donswife
                    Participant

Thank you very much!  We are meeting with the doctor again tomorrow so I will be sure to ask and update the post.

donswife
                      Participant

Hi – we found out today that our clinical trial (if my husband was approved to participate) is GSK 1120212 in combination with BKM 120. Do you have any information about that? Anything would help and thank you ! donswife.

emilypen
                        Participant

My husband is on this trial, at Princess Margaret!  Feel free to contact me directly if you want more info.

[email protected]

emilypen
                          Participant

My husband is on this trial, at Princess Margaret!  Feel free to contact me directly if you want more info.

[email protected]

donswife
                            Participant

Hi – we found out today that our clinical trial (if my husband was approved to participate) is GSK 1120212 in combination with BKM 120. Do you have any information about that? Anything would help and thank you ! donswife.

donswife
                              Participant

Thank you very much!  We are meeting with the doctor again tomorrow so I will be sure to ask and update the post.

W.
                              Participant

Hello,

MEK kinase inhibitors are a group of drugs. Do you know which one was suggested?

Some inhibitors which are currently investigated in clinical trials:

GSK1120212

AZD6244

TAK-733

RO4987655

I just post these drug names here so that maybe someone who has experience with it will recognize a name…

Viewing 3 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics