The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

New Melanoma Patient w/ a family history…..Quick SNB question.

Forums General Melanoma Community New Melanoma Patient w/ a family history…..Quick SNB question.

• This topic is empty.
    Participant

Hi everyone.

I recieved my dx in early Feburary after having a itchy mole removed on my stomach. Long story short, it came back as melanoma. It was .82mm, CL IV, no mitosis, no ucleration, and a non-brisk host response. Having a family history of this disease (my father died after a 13 year battle), I am and have been constantly worried about it.

Hi everyone.

I recieved my dx in early Feburary after having a itchy mole removed on my stomach. Long story short, it came back as melanoma. It was .82mm, CL IV, no mitosis, no ucleration, and a non-brisk host response. Having a family history of this disease (my father died after a 13 year battle), I am and have been constantly worried about it.

Shortly after the dx, I had surgery to ensure clean margins and a SNB. I then went to MD Anderson to have them check me out as well and based on my aformentioned family history I was given a CT and MRI as well. Everything came back good and I am now seeing a derm every three months. Twice a year at MD Anderson and twice locally here in Arkansas.

I have a question for you guys and gals that have had node biopsies. My SNB was on my right groin (in mid Feb.). Over the past two weeks, my left groin has been in a constant state of mild to moderate pain. Is this normal? I went back to my surgeon and she didn't think much of it. She thinks it is probably just nerve damage. While I saw my nuclear scans during all my testing and can absolutely confirm that the mole drained to my right side, I'm not worried out of my mind that this has something moved over to my left side. Has anyone experienced pain in the opposite side of their body from their SNB?

Thanks for any input and my each of you find happiness in your journeys.

–Nick

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics