The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

(new) Bumps under my Incision Scar. Time to panic?

Forums General Melanoma Community (new) Bumps under my Incision Scar. Time to panic?

Participant

Hi all!

I had my surgery last December, and I have noticed bumps on the scar recently. One in particular is pretty big. My scar is in a hard to reach spot, so I don't touch it too often. And I cannot remembe if they were there!!!

My next appointment is in 6 weeks. Should I call and as for an earlier visit?

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        J.bun
        Participant

It is good to be vigilant – but not panic. I had a few bumps on my WLE scar, but in my experience it is lumps to be the most concerned about.  Nonetheless, if you are concerned perhaps you should contact your doctor's office – no harm to ask for an earlier appointment.  And if you start to get really concerned / notice the bumps grow  – you could always go to an ER and ask for an ultrasound. 

Hope these turn out to be nothing!

Newmanbell
            Participant
              My husband mentioned to his dermatologist about a bump he felt, the dermatologist said it was scar tissue. It turned out to be a large melanoma. I would really look into any questions you have. Don’t wait. We ended up waiting 6 months and because of that we believe it went into the lymph nodes.
              Nemesis
              Participant

That's so scary. So I should ask for a punch biopsy of the bump?

Stlmag
                Participant

Always consider a new bump near an excused melanoma  to be melanoma recurrence & contact Dr immediantly. Husband has had melanoma removed 11 times in the same location – with bumps.

Nemesis
                  Participant

What is the difference between lumps and bumps? I am sorry, not a native English speaker.

Viewing 0 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics