The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

nervous until appointment

Forums General Melanoma Community nervous until appointment

Participant

I had a melanoma in situ diagnosed in november on my right shoulder. I have tons of atypical moles. I am so spotted. I did some mole photography to keep track of them all for change. Well, i have a mole, on my right leg, it is no bigger than the tip of a pencil lead, that is dark with a shadow to the side of it. I don't know how to describe it. I have this mole and then to the side of it is a softer, paler shadow of a mole. almost as if the mole was drawn in charcoal and then smeared. It seems to have gotten darker to me.

I had a melanoma in situ diagnosed in november on my right shoulder. I have tons of atypical moles. I am so spotted. I did some mole photography to keep track of them all for change. Well, i have a mole, on my right leg, it is no bigger than the tip of a pencil lead, that is dark with a shadow to the side of it. I don't know how to describe it. I have this mole and then to the side of it is a softer, paler shadow of a mole. almost as if the mole was drawn in charcoal and then smeared. It seems to have gotten darker to me. and Now when i run my finger over it, i can feel it ever so slightly. So i have called the dermotologist and they will be seeing me on monday. My regular appointment was at the end of the month anyway, but i cannot imagine waiting until then. The truth is, i am going to lose my mind until monday as well. I almost wish i had a dermoscope just to peer at it a bit myself. Not that it would do any good, but it makes me nervous. Add to that, i have a small pea size lump in my groin on the same side. Please pray that this is all something routine and not melanoma rearing its ugly head. I feel as though i am going to throw up between now and then. Debbie

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Tim–MRF

Debbie:

I am sure that you know this is likely nothing to be concerned about.  That, of course, doesn't keep you from worrying.  I suspect nothing can make that go away.  Just know that a lot of people will be holding you in their thoughts and prayers for the next few days, and please report back on what you find out.

Tim–MRF

Tim–MRF

Debbie:

I am sure that you know this is likely nothing to be concerned about.  That, of course, doesn't keep you from worrying.  I suspect nothing can make that go away.  Just know that a lot of people will be holding you in their thoughts and prayers for the next few days, and please report back on what you find out.

Tim–MRF

Tim–MRF

Debbie:

Tim–MRF

mlbjab
              Participant

Pea size is normal lymph node size!  I know how the mind can get carried away though, thinking the worst.  I hope the weekend goes by quickly for you.  In the year after my diagnosis I had multiple times where I freaked out about moles.  They ended up being ok, although some were atypical.

mlbjab
                Participant

Pea size is normal lymph node size!  I know how the mind can get carried away though, thinking the worst.  I hope the weekend goes by quickly for you.  In the year after my diagnosis I had multiple times where I freaked out about moles.  They ended up being ok, although some were atypical.

mlbjab
                  Participant

eerye70
                    Participant

Thanks for the replies, my appointment is in an hour. I am near sick… I have been having pain under my right arm pit and i think my imagination is running away with me. I hope, anyway. I have never noticed or felt my lymph nodes before. It is about 2 cm or 2.5 cm in size. i think it is about the size of a marble. i don't know, i have never seen or felt a lymph node before so i guess the fact that it is noticeable has me crazy. It is just scary. I think once i can see the doctor, have him look at this mole, maybe get it off, and then i can breathe again. I just can't imagine spending the rest of my life worrying over every spot, every lump every time i feel tired. Its crazy. I have a cousin who lost both parents to melanoma. It is my father's brother and his wife. They were diagnosed and died within 4 months of one another. I also found out that my mom's mother had melanoma. She didn't die from it. She died from heart failure.

I am just super sensitive to this right now. I am concerned about my health. I worry that it has come back and none of this worry is going to change anything. I just need to make it to the appointment, get this looked at and move on. I wonder if anyone has any advice for how to put it out of your mind the rest of the time? Debbie

eerye70
                      Participant

Thanks for the replies, my appointment is in an hour. I am near sick… I have been having pain under my right arm pit and i think my imagination is running away with me. I hope, anyway. I have never noticed or felt my lymph nodes before. It is about 2 cm or 2.5 cm in size. i think it is about the size of a marble. i don't know, i have never seen or felt a lymph node before so i guess the fact that it is noticeable has me crazy. It is just scary. I think once i can see the doctor, have him look at this mole, maybe get it off, and then i can breathe again. I just can't imagine spending the rest of my life worrying over every spot, every lump every time i feel tired. Its crazy. I have a cousin who lost both parents to melanoma. It is my father's brother and his wife. They were diagnosed and died within 4 months of one another. I also found out that my mom's mother had melanoma. She didn't die from it. She died from heart failure.

I am just super sensitive to this right now. I am concerned about my health. I worry that it has come back and none of this worry is going to change anything. I just need to make it to the appointment, get this looked at and move on. I wonder if anyone has any advice for how to put it out of your mind the rest of the time? Debbie

eerye70
                        Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics