The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Need some encouragement

Forums General Melanoma Community Need some encouragement

Participant

I've had a stage 1 melanoma last year. Everything has been fine. Today I went for my 3 month check and of course had to get a biopsy. I thought I might be lucky and not have to get anymore lol anyway she said she wasn't worried but since she's would be releasing me for 6 months now and it was the only mole I had that looked different than my other moles to remove it. She also mentioned to prevent it from being something later. The mole has always been there and it is darker than my other miles but not anywhere what I had before. It's never changed or grown. I guess I'm trying not to freak out. I'm assuming my worry should be less because of everything she said and she basically just offered it to me as more precaution but still the worry is there. Thoughts! Thanks!

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Janner
        Participant

If it had been me, I wouldn't have let her remove it.  If it hasn't changed, I'm not biopsying it.  Not into unnecessary biopsies.  Even if it comes back atypical, that doesn't mean it would EVER change to anything more sinister.  I wouldn't be worried a bit!  Just chalk it up to being vigilant and move on.

Sophietx
            Participant

Please try to relax. I had 6 moles removed since Nov 2016 and all were clear and I have scars now. It's very unlikely your mole is another melanoma. Have you done mole mapping? I just did and I hope this help to notice the "bad moles".

D1983j
              Participant

Thank you! I had thought about mole mapping. Your six moles removed makes me feel better. Its just stressful but I know that having more moles removed may just be part of this. 

D1983j
                Participant

Thank you! I had thought about mole mapping. Your six moles removed makes me feel better. Its just stressful but I know that having more moles removed may just be part of this. 

D1983j
                  Participant

Sophietx
                    Participant

Please try to relax. I had 6 moles removed since Nov 2016 and all were clear and I have scars now. It's very unlikely your mole is another melanoma. Have you done mole mapping? I just did and I hope this help to notice the "bad moles".

Sophietx
                      Participant

D1983j
                        Participant

Thanks for responding. She didn't tell me it had changed and i think she just didnt like it for the color. It was just always a darker mole since childhood. I agree the thought crossed my mind to leave it but I usually go with what they say. Thanks so much!

D1983j
                          Participant

Thanks for responding. She didn't tell me it had changed and i think she just didnt like it for the color. It was just always a darker mole since childhood. I agree the thought crossed my mind to leave it but I usually go with what they say. Thanks so much!

D1983j
                            Participant

Janner
                            Participant

If it had been me, I wouldn't have let her remove it.  If it hasn't changed, I'm not biopsying it.  Not into unnecessary biopsies.  Even if it comes back atypical, that doesn't mean it would EVER change to anything more sinister.  I wouldn't be worried a bit!  Just chalk it up to being vigilant and move on.

Janner
                              Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics