The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

need help finding the right natural supplements / immune boosting diets / other natural regimens to complement surgery/IPI

Forums General Melanoma Community need help finding the right natural supplements / immune boosting diets / other natural regimens to complement surgery/IPI

Participant

hello folks, my husband is a stage IIIb and had SNB and CLND and will be starting IPI soon. thank you for all your help & guidance thus far on this forum.  (better information on this forum than we have gotten from three  melanoma centers combined thus far !) .

we would like to complement the medical route with any viable natural regimens. there is an overwhelming amount of info online but i would really appreciate the help of you guys who have been down this path, to point us in the right direction so we don't lose time getting lost in all the hype.

where do we beging to educate ourselves and choose the right path?

thank you kindly

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        geriakt
        Participant

You should consider and research  juicing vegetables, alkyne water, apple cider vinegar, essiac tea and canibis oil. 

I am 3b and have just completed 1 year of chemo. I have also used the above. 

Tom

geriakt
          Participant

You should consider and research  juicing vegetables, alkyne water, apple cider vinegar, essiac tea and canibis oil. 

Tom

Carole K
              Participant

HI  I did alternative therapy instead of chemo.  I saw an ANTHROPOSOPHICAL doctor, who is an MD>  I did mistletoe therapy with two others herbs.  I gave myself injections twice a day three times a week.  

I also meditated, had massages, had Reiki done, listened to visiualization CD's. anything that would help to destress.

I am currently 15 years 11 months NED.

Both you and your husband need to take care of YOU.  I so understand the journey from both perspectives.  

If I can be oa any help please send me an email to [email protected].  I wish you the best always.  

Love and LIght

Carole K

mitranaaseh
                Participant

thank you for the info and your kind words Carole.  I just did a quick study of everything you posted. i will have to see what my husband is open to trying.  I will be in touch as i dig into this info more.  thank you !

mitranaaseh
                  Participant

thank you for the info and your kind words Carole.  I just did a quick study of everything you posted. i will have to see what my husband is open to trying.  I will be in touch as i dig into this info more.  thank you !

mitranaaseh
                    Participant

Carole K
                      Participant

HI  I did alternative therapy instead of chemo.  I saw an ANTHROPOSOPHICAL doctor, who is an MD>  I did mistletoe therapy with two others herbs.  I gave myself injections twice a day three times a week.  

I also meditated, had massages, had Reiki done, listened to visiualization CD's. anything that would help to destress.

Both you and your husband need to take care of YOU.  I so understand the journey from both perspectives.  

If I can be oa any help please send me an email to [email protected].  I wish you the best always.  

Love and LIght

Carole K

Carole K
                        Participant

Love and LIght

Carole K

mitranaaseh
                          Participant

thank you so much Tom.  I will look into all of this.  Did you just complete interferon? or what type of therapy?

geriakt
                            Participant

I was on a trial of IPI or NIVO. Double blind. 34 infusions. 50 weeks.  I am NED.  Eating well is helpful. I am considering the use of canibis oil but I do not want to be high all the time. I have read oregano oil would act similar without the high. Alkaline water is very helpful to the body. 

geriakt
                              Participant

I was on a trial of IPI or NIVO. Double blind. 34 infusions. 50 weeks.  I am NED.  Eating well is helpful. I am considering the use of canibis oil but I do not want to be high all the time. I have read oregano oil would act similar without the high. Alkaline water is very helpful to the body. 

jennunicorn
                                Participant

Proper cannabis oil is made from CBD which is a compound found in cannabis. CBD oil does not contain THC, which is the hallucinogenic compound that gives people the high feeling when they smoke or injest marijuana. So, you'd be ok to try CBD cannabis oil and not get the unwanted high feeling.

jennunicorn
                                  Participant

Proper cannabis oil is made from CBD which is a compound found in cannabis. CBD oil does not contain THC, which is the hallucinogenic compound that gives people the high feeling when they smoke or injest marijuana. So, you'd be ok to try CBD cannabis oil and not get the unwanted high feeling.

jennunicorn
                                    Participant

geriakt
                                      Participant

mitranaaseh
                                        Participant

thank you so much Tom.  I will look into all of this.  Did you just complete interferon? or what type of therapy?

mitranaaseh
                                          Participant

geriakt
                                          Participant

Tom

Viewing 2 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics