The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

NED after 6 months

Forums General Melanoma Community NED after 6 months

Participant
      Looks like the pain in my hip is related to arthritis I have in my back. That’s a relief!

NED after 6 months, scan results are unremarkable. Hopefully I remain unremarkable for the foreseeable future!

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        sj
        Participant
          I should note the only real comment that caught my attention was the following:

Lymph Nodes: Prominent level IIA lymph nodes previously described are
          slightly decreased in size measuring 8 mm on the right and 9 mm on the left
          (series 5, image 241). Prominent left level VA lymph node measuring 6 mm in
          short axis and previously 4 mm (series 5, image 304).
          IMPRESSION:

1. No definite evidence of nodal metastasis.

2. Left level Va lymph node is slightly increased in size but does not meet
          criteria for enlargement and does not exhibit suspicious features. This is
          indeterminate; recommend attention on follow-up imaging.

Lymph nodes increase & decrease in size all the time. Not too worried about that one guy going from 4mm to 6mm at all, but yeah worth keeping an eye on.

caman
          Participant
            Are you still stage 2 ? If so, I believe there is a trial for high risk stage 2 folks and immunotherapy. These drugs have done wonders those that have progressed to stage 3 and 4 .
              sj
              Participant
                Thanks caman. I was initially diagnosed as 2b. The surgery was successful, the cancer was localized and removed, my lymph nodes were clean and so was the WLE area.

I’ll ask Dr. Salama about the immunotherapy on Monday. I suspect I won’t qualify as I’m technically NED right now. I asked about it before and she said I would have had to have been 2c to qualify but I can ask again

Viewing 1 reply thread
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics