The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

my scans are clear and I am still NED

Forums General Melanoma Community my scans are clear and I am still NED

Participant

my scans are clear and I am still NED…my thyroid is still reacting and now it is no longer “not functioning” but has bounced up to the high side LOL…also seen as good! They took pics of my thighs today and Doc laughed and said I would be famous lol…I said I am blessed…I begin the 2nd Twelve week cycle on Dec 22.

my scans are clear and I am still NED…my thyroid is still reacting and now it is no longer “not functioning” but has bounced up to the high side LOL…also seen as good! They took pics of my thighs today and Doc laughed and said I would be famous lol…I said I am blessed…I begin the 2nd Twelve week cycle on Dec 22.

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

Yahoo!!!!  So glad to hear!

Linda

LynnLuc
            Participant

the trauma we go thru…ugh…I am super happy…just oh so tired…had back-to-back days last week  then back-to-back  this week  and  now next week… The drive down is only about 1  1/2 hours  but the schedule is always long and stressful!

LynnLuc
              Participant

the trauma we go thru…ugh…I am super happy…just oh so tired…had back-to-back days last week  then back-to-back  this week  and  now next week… The drive down is only about 1  1/2 hours  but the schedule is always long and stressful!

LynnLuc
                Participant

PS..I hafta tell ya…I am getting a bit pouty when it comes to the injections and the blood draws and the contrast dyes and todays pheresis..whimpy a lot lately and its just that I am tired of getting things stuck in my skin and hurting…I know it's much to do about nothing…but I had to whine one more time today!!! =:o)

LynnLuc
                  Participant

PS..I hafta tell ya…I am getting a bit pouty when it comes to the injections and the blood draws and the contrast dyes and todays pheresis..whimpy a lot lately and its just that I am tired of getting things stuck in my skin and hurting…I know it's much to do about nothing…but I had to whine one more time today!!! =:o)

lhaley
                  Participant

Yahoo!!!!  So glad to hear!

Linda

King
                    Participant

Great news!!!  Celebrate!  (Why did they take pics of your thighs?)

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

LynnLuc
                        Participant

well it sure wasn't for playboy LOL More like the farmers swine journal!

I think the pictures are to show the very large hard lumps, red, itchy, hot and loaded with T cells…reacts to the MDX 1106. when I get one set on one thigh it  causes all the other sites to react as well…The memory of T cells…They did apheresis ( leukapheresis) today to see where my immune system is…I just hope it works and works and works!!

Primary

1. To assess the safety and tolerability of treatment with anti-PD-1 human monoclonal antibody MDX-1106 in combination with a peptide vaccine comprising gp100:209-217(210M) peptide, MART-1:26-35(27L) peptide, gp100:280-288(288V) peptide, NY-ESO-1 peptide, and Montanide ISA 51 VG in patients with HLA-A*0201-positive, resected stage IV melanoma.

Secondary

1. To evaluate the immune response to this treatment at week 12 compared to the immune response to treatment with the peptide vaccine alone that was determined in previous studies.
                          2. To assess the host immune response (immunogenicity) to anti-PD-1 human monoclonal antibody MDX-1106.
                          3. To assess, preliminarily, the efficacy of this treatment as measured as time to relapse.
                          LynnLuc
                          Participant

well it sure wasn't for playboy LOL More like the farmers swine journal!

I think the pictures are to show the very large hard lumps, red, itchy, hot and loaded with T cells…reacts to the MDX 1106. when I get one set on one thigh it  causes all the other sites to react as well…The memory of T cells…They did apheresis ( leukapheresis) today to see where my immune system is…I just hope it works and works and works!!

Primary

1. To assess the safety and tolerability of treatment with anti-PD-1 human monoclonal antibody MDX-1106 in combination with a peptide vaccine comprising gp100:209-217(210M) peptide, MART-1:26-35(27L) peptide, gp100:280-288(288V) peptide, NY-ESO-1 peptide, and Montanide ISA 51 VG in patients with HLA-A*0201-positive, resected stage IV melanoma.

Secondary

1. To evaluate the immune response to this treatment at week 12 compared to the immune response to treatment with the peptide vaccine alone that was determined in previous studies.
                            2. To assess the host immune response (immunogenicity) to anti-PD-1 human monoclonal antibody MDX-1106.
                            3. To assess, preliminarily, the efficacy of this treatment as measured as time to relapse.
                          King
                          Participant

Great news!!!  Celebrate!  (Why did they take pics of your thighs?)

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

dian in spokane
                            Participant

Lynn,

Great news! I was so looking forward to hearing from you today. I just decided to check one more time before shutting down for the night,. I'm so glad you posted.

dian

dian in spokane
                              Participant

Lynn,

Great news! I was so looking forward to hearing from you today. I just decided to check one more time before shutting down for the night,. I'm so glad you posted.

dian

Jerry from Cape Cod
                                Participant

Lynn,

What great news, thanks for sharing.

Jerry from Cape Cod

Jerry from Cape Cod
                                  Participant

Lynn,

What great news, thanks for sharing.

Jerry from Cape Cod

Viewing 7 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics