The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

My friend

Forums General Melanoma Community My friend

Participant

..Ken Ballard, my best friend of thirty years, died this morning after one week in hospice due to complications of melanoma.

He was by my side since 1990, three years after  I was first diagnosed as stage 3 with unknown primary.

In 1996 when he asked me to take a look at his path report, we cracked up when I said Ken this is NOT a contagious disease.

He always said to me that he was not done with melanoma…….

Now he is.

Charlie S

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        SOLE
        Participant

My thoughts and tears, I share with you Charlie. I also lost a colleague of 20 years three weeks ago, but to brain cancer. He is leaving a wife diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer when he moved to stage 4, a son 18 years old and a daughter 16 years old just like mine. I do not have words anymore.

Bubbles
          Participant

Oh,  Charlie.  I am so sorry for the loss of your friend.  He was blessed to have you all these years.  May the memories of your times together soon bring more smiles than tears.  Much love.  les

Lucygoose
            Participant

I am so sorry for your loss. I wish I had better words than those to help left your spirits.  

Stay strong and keep the good memories.  

Lucygoose
              Participant

I am so sorry for your loss. I wish I had better words than those to help left your spirits.  

Stay strong and keep the good memories.  

jbronicki
                Participant

Charlie, my deepest and sincerest thoughts for your friend, his family, and you.  Most of us can probably only hope to have friends like him and you, so glad you had eachother.  It's a tremendous loss.  Many hugs

Debbiem
                  Participant

I’m so sorry. There are no other words. 

Rocco
                    Participant
                      Charlie,
                      My deepest sympathies for the loss of your dear friend, Ken. May the memories that you and others that loved and knew him surround you all during this difficult time.

Melanoma continues to take…

sing123
                      Participant

Charlie, I am so very sorry for your loss. 

Cindy

Viewing 7 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics