The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

My daughter

Forums General Melanoma Community My daughter

Participant

My daughter has had a scabbed over blister for a few months. I've had stage 1a melanoma myself so I of course worry about these things. We took her to the dr while back and he said the blister healed over and it would pop and ooze. It did this and now it's kind of dried over. It is smaller and doesn't bother her. I've actually had another dr look at when we had a cold apt. They told me the same thing that it was getting callused over and it was just take time to continue to go away. I feel like I'm being a little crazy but the Internet can do that. She won't let me touch it and I don't won't to pick it off. I know the signs for modular melanoma and this place is not hard and it has gone down in size. I guess I'm just looking for some piece of mind. Thanks! Crazy mom lol

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Aubreesmommy41
        Participant

I don't have much to offer but I too am a crazy mom after a stage 1a diagnosis and just today I had my 10 month old at the dermatologist to have a small brown mole on her knee looked at.. it's been stressing me for months and scared as I am for myself I'm doubly scared for her.. anyway the dermatologist looked my baby from head to toe and even in her mouth and says she is fine.. keep an eye on the mole and check back in in 6 months or a year.. do I feel better? Somewhat.. but the crazy Mom the crazy melanoma scared part of me is still looking for something to panic over.. just replied to say you are not alone and by no means crazy.. prayers for your daughter and quite possibly the spot will go away and it's not melanoma.. this board will tell you it's rare in children under 15.. best wishes Traci

Sophietx
            Participant

I understand your feelings! I think we do need to watch out but not to be paranoid. My almost 13 year old had nasty mole removed from his belly bottom yesterday and one from his scalp. All we can do is to teach our children sun safety and take them for annual check ups. Hope your baby is ok!

Sophietx
              Participant

I understand your feelings! I think we do need to watch out but not to be paranoid. My almost 13 year old had nasty mole removed from his belly bottom yesterday and one from his scalp. All we can do is to teach our children sun safety and take them for annual check ups. Hope your baby is ok!

Sophietx
                Participant

Aubreesmommy41
                Participant

I don't have much to offer but I too am a crazy mom after a stage 1a diagnosis and just today I had my 10 month old at the dermatologist to have a small brown mole on her knee looked at.. it's been stressing me for months and scared as I am for myself I'm doubly scared for her.. anyway the dermatologist looked my baby from head to toe and even in her mouth and says she is fine.. keep an eye on the mole and check back in in 6 months or a year.. do I feel better? Somewhat.. but the crazy Mom the crazy melanoma scared part of me is still looking for something to panic over.. just replied to say you are not alone and by no means crazy.. prayers for your daughter and quite possibly the spot will go away and it's not melanoma.. this board will tell you it's rare in children under 15.. best wishes Traci

Aubreesmommy41
                  Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics