The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

mucosal melanoma recurrence

Forums Mucosal Melanoma Community mucosal melanoma recurrence

Participant

Hi All,

I had melanoma in Tongue in 2007 and my 2/3 of the tongue has been removed. I was under constant observation. Now this has recurred again in my larynx area.

Again doctors are advising the major surgery for this recurrence. They are suggesting that my entire voice box has to be removed. I may undergo a surgery in  a week.

Whether anybody has faced similar Cancer recurrence in this area? If So, what

Hi All,

I had melanoma in Tongue in 2007 and my 2/3 of the tongue has been removed. I was under constant observation. Now this has recurred again in my larynx area.

Again doctors are advising the major surgery for this recurrence. They are suggesting that my entire voice box has to be removed. I may undergo a surgery in  a week.

Whether anybody has faced similar Cancer recurrence in this area? If So, what

1. What will be the impact of the surgery in this area.
      2. Will I get  my voice .
      3. Do we have any other better treatment to make sure that this will never recur again
      4. Which is the best hospital in the world to treat Melanoma
      5. How can we ensure that this will will never recur again.

I am waiting for the guidanace from you friends.

Thanks,

Muru

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Janner
        Participant

You have posted this question on the "Off Topic" bulletin board.   You need to post your question again on the main melanoma board.  I will say that there is no way to ensure anything when it comes to melanoma.  In addition, when you repost, I would include your location.  While there are hospitals that treat more or less melanoma, there isn't one hospital that can advertise they have better results than anywhere else.   I have been on this site for many years and don't recall anyone else in a similar situation, but that doesn't mean they aren't out there.  Sometimes, people don't post unless they can relate to a story like yours.  Again, please post this on the main bulletin board.

Janner
          Participant

You have posted this question on the "Off Topic" bulletin board.   You need to post your question again on the main melanoma board.  I will say that there is no way to ensure anything when it comes to melanoma.  In addition, when you repost, I would include your location.  While there are hospitals that treat more or less melanoma, there isn't one hospital that can advertise they have better results than anywhere else.   I have been on this site for many years and don't recall anyone else in a similar situation, but that doesn't mean they aren't out there.  Sometimes, people don't post unless they can relate to a story like yours.  Again, please post this on the main bulletin board.

Janner
            Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics